About the Knitting Getaway category

Welcome! This is a private group for everyone who is registered to attend the Shakerag Knitting Getaway 2018, June 7-10.

Please use this forum to discuss anything you like–we’ll answer any questions, take suggestions, generally get in the spirit of the weekend we have been anticipating all year long.

Before we know it, the glorious weekend of June 7-10 will be upon us. Can’t wait!

3 Likes

Yay, I’ve been waiting for this. Wondering about potentially extending by a day or so on one side or the other. Any ideas on how best to get there if I do that. Best to rent a car?

Really looking forward to this.

Hey, @Ann1, can we possibly be the only 2 in the lounge going??? I did arrange I catch the shuttle from the airport, but as I am planning on adding a night on either end, would welcome any hotel or restaurant suggestions. Will the shop be open?

I’m here, too! Definitely looking forward to our knitting getaway in June. I’ll be attending with three friends.

1 Like

Nashville is fun. I wonder if you’d want to spend a night or two there before knitting?

1 Like

I think I’m doing one before and one after. Need to check flights. Any recommendations are welcome.

I am so glad to find this - I am attending with my sister and we are so excited! I will be arriving a day early so hotel recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to meeting all of you!

2 Likes

A few spots just opened up last week and I grabbed one. Just bought my plane ticket. This will be my first “retreat” and I am over the moon. Looking so forward to being with knitting peeps for a whole weekend.

2 Likes

Hi, I’m Jan and I am Jean’s sister! This will be my first knitting retreat and I am really looking forward to it!

3 Likes

Mine too. Looking forward to meeting everyone. I’m usually more of a solo knitter, but this was too good to pass on.

1 Like

I’m glad there’s some more conversation happening here. I wonder how many people are attending the retreat?

1 Like

HI - I’m also a late add to the retreat. I am not flying home until Monday. I plan to take the shuttle back to the airport then make my way to a hotel from there and spend the day in Nashville.

1 Like

For those staying either Wednesday or Sunday, where are you staying? I’m guessing it is graduation weekend somewhere, hotels are pretty pricey.

Thank you

I don’t have a hotel yet. I was hoping for some recommendations. I will check online for some options.

1 Like

Me too! I’ll let you know if I find anything.

I do not have the fancy tagline, but I did get the opportunity to sign up when spots opened up in April. I’m getting excited about a long weekend away! Of course, my mind is already turning on what knitting projects to bring, and I’m very curious about the mention of a market at the retreat. Is it possible to get a preview of what might be there? hint hint hint

1 Like

there is a big CMA outdoor concert series that weekend - that’s why flights were expensive and hotels are crazy - I’m staying the Sunday night and will probably stay downtown - the $50 less a night would get eaten up with cabs fairly quickly - I’m looking at the Hilton Garden in downtown but that is~$300 - ouch

1 Like

I was wondering what made it so crazy. I’m staying downtown Wednesday and Sunday because I’ve never been to Nashville but it is not cheap! Looking forward to meeting everyone. And agree with hrs, do I need an extra big bag??

In 2 weeks, we’ll be knitting together at Shakerag! What knitting projects are you planning to bring with you?
Or should we just be planning to buy yarn at the market and cast on something new?

2 Likes

I’m working on a top https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/nova-7 for a friend. So will probably bring that, but I’m guessing I might end up buying something new too. Not that I need more yarn, but I plan on having room in my bag just in case. I’m also contemplating Fading Point, but I think that is not social knitting.

1 Like