About the Knitting Getaway category

The people I met last year who stayed off campus were very happy. The campus rooms do have their quirks!

So if those staying off campus do you have a reservation yet? Where are you staying? I need to do one night off campus and would love suggestions.

I want to say the place I heard about was either the inn at sewanee or the sewanee inn. I have no info other than that they were happy. Claire May have other ideas.

1 Like

The Sewanee Inn is full for that weekend. I’ll keep searching.

Sorry to hear that. Good luck.

I’m looking forward to this retreat: my 2nd solo getaway in more than 15 years.
Confession: I don’t have a wip. I’ve been knitting squares for a blanket, and I want to try a sweater. I think the shakerag top is what I’ll try to shop for and start while I’m there.
I’m in Nashville 2 nights before the retreat, hoping to do a bit of research tomorrow.
-JM

1 Like

It is a great top!

Are you going to the getaway this year?

Yes. I may be in Nashville the night before as well.

1 Like

Anyone else coming to the Shakerag Knitting Getaway weekend THIS WEEK (yikes!) with nothing on the needles as of now? Asking for a friend.

Related question: if one comes to a knitting weekend and isn’t knitting anything, what will happen? A)Gets voted off the island? B)Buys a ton of yarn and starts project in Tennessee? C)Does nothing but eat good food, talk to like minded people and become mesmerized by the sound of tree frogs while reading a book? D)Does nothing but swim in the pond, bike and nap? E) all of the above.
Answers will be revealed in a few days.
Looking forward to hanging with my people.

2 Likes

Only the shadow knows!

1 Like

I am feeling much the same: old projects coming with, but I’m ready to reeelaxxxxx!

1 Like

I started two projects solely to bring with me!

1 Like

I also have two projects cast on just for the trip. After considering countless projects, winding yarn, swatching …

I’m looking forward to the adventure!

1 Like

I think I might do the top that was in today’s letter. As if. Need to do some stash diving though

1 Like