Aperture Stole is lace joy, join me?

Whoop Whoop! This is my first lace project with fancy stitches on both the right and wrong sides, and my mind is spinning. My fingers are fluttering!

I love it. And I’m wondering if anybody would like to try that oscillating lace with me.

I am 65 rows in with the La Bien Aimee yarns, magical colors and I’m very happy with it. I’m currently using a swatch to practice the s2kp2 that shows up with the hexagonal lace section and the first of the ssp and p2tog parts.

oh yeah, and also instead of purling, I knit backwards (always keep my right side facing me) so I might not be a lot of help…

3 Likes

Here’s a photo of the respect with which my Daisy treats this project.

4 Likes

I finished the stole sometime ago…loved knitting it eve tough I found fixing mistakes a pain. I changed the placement of yarns whenever I felt like it. Each section was different in yarn used. Also I didn’t make it as long as the pattern suggested. Have enjoyed wearing g it was the weather is still cool.

1 Like

I think that I’ve checked yours out on Ravelry! love it.

1 Like

I love this stole now that it’s done! The beautiful round lace pattern was giving me fits, so I swapped out the mood cardigan lace to finish it up.

4 Likes

Absolutely stunning💓

2 Likes

Nice call on the switch. I’m making a scarf using the Mood cardigan pattern and I love it. It’s sock yarn, so I have been using it to practice my Aperture stitches. Sunday is my next day off, and I’m going to dedicate myself to getting this two-sided lace thing down!
The 8 inches I’ve already stitches bring me a heck of a lot of joy already!

1 Like

Sounds beautiful!

2 Likes

Sheer love over here: I’ve made my way through the first of 6 or 7 repeats of the chart, and I’ve started to go a little rogue. JUST a little: I added anther stripe of that amazing orange, and I swapped in a little stockinette stitch to pick up my pace.
Even my KidO reached out to touch it and said, “That’s nice, pretty soft.”

5 Likes

My Aperture wrap is finished and I love it!!! I changed the colors and yarn around so no two sections were the same and made it a little shorter…it was going to be too long for me. Have yarn left over to do something else.

3 Likes

I’m so glad!
I’m mid 2nd repeat, and am changing up the colors (I love that Tang orange SO much). The 2nd part of the lace chart is challenging for me, but visually outstanding: it is very much worth my while.

2 Likes