Bang Out a Kiki Mariko

One round away from the end of chart 2!

14 Likes

@nellknits I’m loving how your colors are working out. After my heathers I may have to try this!

1 Like

Thanks for this validation. I decided to keep going. :blush:

1 Like

I’m using the biggest markers in the little box of Coco Knits markers I bought from MDK last year. At the time I thought I would never use the biggest ones, but I’m finding them perfect for this project. Also, I do love opening and closing the little magnetic lid on the box!

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Ok, here are my colors! I’m trying to figure out if I made a mistake about 8 rows down. I look at it from one angle and it looks wrong and then from another it looks ok. I need to take a hard look at the pattern.

Regarding the steek: I am doing the middle of it right but the edge stitches are a jumble. I decided not to care, and to cut it off once I felt. Very freeing!

Onward.

6 Likes

Good Morning,

Has anyone made this rug using 5 colors instead of 7? I would love to see what it looks like with 5 before I get started and also Is there a pattern for 5?

Thanks?

1 Like

Update: yes, I blew it where the yellow comes in. Ugh. Unknitting back to there.

I’m really enjoying this project. This is my first KAL and posting. I decided to do this one as I have never steeked or felted. I hope there will be some specific instructions on felting. I love the pattern and it is knitting up very quickly. So fun!

16 Likes

I LOVE your color palette!!!

1 Like

Connie, are you following the pattern? Which one? I have the pattern which shows 3 different ones! I’m such a visual person that I’m tempted to use some colored pencils and draw out what mine will look like… but you have similar colors to what I’m using so I’d love to know which pattern you’re using :). Thanks!

Are you doing the Blues or did you make your own color combo? It looks really good!!

Thanks - it is the blue kit from MDK. I like the color combo

1 Like

I purchased the blue kit from MDK and am using the pattern that was included. It has a chart showing the specific colors.

Someone earlier asked about the stockinette stitch roll at the bottom of the rug. I haven’t seen an answer. I am having the same problem despite having used separate ends every 2 stiches of the same yarn skein on the row after the cast on. Will this rolling up of the bottom flatten with felting or should I start over? I don’t want to go further if its a problem.

3 Likes

Not sure if this is where I join the KAL but I’m planning on knitting the rug and ordered the kit on Jan,. 25 but it hasn’t arrived yet. I’m just finishing a project and thought I’d do a mini practice and fire off questions if I have any.

3 Likes

Thanks for the picture Connie. I’m also doing the blue colorway. I’m just not sure how I feel about that big blue/purple band in the middle. Thinking I might just repeat Chart 1. I wish there were more contrast between the dynamite blue and blue boy. I’m torn.

1 Like

Welcome! you’re in the right place - there are lots of progress shots for inspiration for your mini.

1 Like

I totally zigged when I should have zagged. I’m just calling it personality.

8 Likes

Help please. What am I doing wrong? I think I’m following the chart, but all my zigs are going the same way. And now I’m on row 33 getting ready to start my purple and I’m supposed to start with two purples which should be over two yellows, but since row 32 started with two blacks, my two purples are over two blacks. What is happening?!!! Please.

4 Likes