Brambleberry Cowl

I’d like to test the Brambleberry Cowl pattern before casting on 132 stitches. Please, what are the stitch multiples that make up the pattern? BTW, I just purchased Field Guide 12 but it doesn’t give that info. Thank you!

3 Likes

Hi Cindy, it’s a multiple of 4 sts., on pg.18, and a 4-rnd repeat. I knit a mini version, cast on 100 sts because I had a limited amt of yarn I wanted to use

4 Likes

Thank you so much!

1 Like

My pleasure Cindy!

I’m knitting a swatch for the Brambleberry Cowl. The Ravelry page for the cowl says there’s errata, but MDK has no pattern correction for it.
Is there a correction?

The errata page (linked on Ravelry, also here) lists corrections for two other patterns in the Big Joy Field Guide, but not the Brambleberry cowl.

I knit this cowl a few years ago and there were no errors in the pattern.

1 Like

I checked the Errata page and saw no corrections so I went ahead and knitted the cowl very easily.

Don’t make the BIG mistake I did - I ordered my wool from Rowan because MDK was very low on stock. I didn’t work a swatch since it’s just a cowl . . . Even after 2 or 3 rows in, I thought it seemed like I would be running out of yarn way before I got to the end. I soldiered on. After the first brambleberry row, which was a slog fest with aching hands, I knew there was no way 4 skeins was enough. And it was not fun, like the pattern claims.

Turns out I was using BIG Big Wool (only 44 yds to 100g) instead of Big Wool. I was ready to give up on big yarn forever and stick with my socks and lacy Belinda Wrap.

Another senior moment in the bag! lol I will definitely give the cowl another shot. When I investigated what was going wrong with mine, I did notice that MDK has restocked many lovely Big Wool choices. . . :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like