Crete Cardi/Jacket

Is anyone making the Crete cardigan/jacket? Ann wrote about hers a while back, and so I started one. I am enjoying the pattern (for sale on Ravelry). I will say that I am making it because I saw the picture of Ann’s because the picture on the pattern does not do it justice.

4 Likes

Joanne, I hope you have half as much fun as I had making mine. It’s such an easy pattern, but never dull to knit. What yarn are you using? I’m tempted to make another one!

3 Likes

I am usingZeitlos Solid 110 which is a red/merlot color and Zeitlos multi that coordinates. If I can figure out how to post a picture I will. I did post it on Ravelry.

1 Like

I’m making one after Hadley.

1 Like

I have the pattern and some uarn but I have not started it yet. It may be next in the queue.

1 Like

That’s been on my “Someday” list since I saw the first picture from Rhinebeck! I look forward to seeing pictures from you folks who are planning to make one :slight_smile:

1 Like

I bought the pattern too, and I agree that the photo doesn’t do it justice and that Ann’s account and photos are what made me want it. I can’t wait to choose just the right colors.

1 Like

I’ve got my yarn and the pattern. It was going to be next (after I finished Stopover) but then Hadley and your Knit-A-Long snared me.

1 Like

Hooray! I’m making my 3rd with slightly heavier yarn (black worsted and crazy multicolor Rios) knit at the same gauge.

7 Likes

Pretty. Nice use of color.

2 Likes

Beautiful! And thanks for answering my pattern question. Knit on!

1 Like

I just started making Crete with one mulitcolored yarn. I love it and plan to make another with 2 colors.

2 Likes

I made one last year and really like it but it is dark; I would like a lighter one, like Ann’s. Actually, I would like Ann’s. Want my address?!

2 Likes

Thanks to Ann, I, too have the pattern. I’ve been swatching. I want to the Cascade Yarn Nikki from my stash and it’s bulky at least. I was hoping to make the smallest size, with larger gauge. Still too large. Which means alot of math. On hold but I WILL !!!

2 Likes

I have finished my test and am back to Crete. On the second sleeve. Hope to finish next weekend as it pairs with some of my summer dresses.

4 Likes

I love the colors. I’ve been wanting to pick mine back up too…

2 Likes

Lovely Colors. I was just looking at the yarn I have designated for Crete. Then I looked at the W-I-P pile that seems to be breeding. I sighed and went back to working on the shawl that is almost done while the weather here is still in the cool corner of summer and I can stand it in my lap.

3 Likes

Thank you. It is happy yarn.

1 Like

Thank you. I’ll look forward to seeing yours eventually.

Done! Not blocked yet.

but I plan to wear this week and then do.

7 Likes