Field Guide 22: Grace Knitalong!

Thank you.

1 Like

Finished Gossamer, using a shawl kit I had purchased some years back from MDK, and supplementing with a few other colors.

Very fun and surprisingly quick knit.
Project details on the Ravelry project page if anyone is interested.

16 Likes

That is gorgeous!

2 Likes

thanks - I restarted this morning after Kay’s article - I did the two garter stitches for the edge vs the slip stitch and I am much happier with it.

2 Likes

Hi! I am working those directions as work rows 2 and 3, and every 4 inches work row 1 for the buttonhole. Then go back to rows 2 and 3. I’m not sure if that makes sense but when you do it, it does make sense. Hope this helps!

4 Likes

I’ve reached the part of the Grace notes pattern called body and I thought I knew what I was doing up to this point but from here on I’m not understanding the instructions at all. I hope there is another article on what to do next.

2 Likes

Your progress looks great so far! Best wishes for better health xo

1 Like

I had to read that a few times - you’re joining into one flat piece at the underarms, but not yet at the V-neck (still flat knitting)
After several more increases to shape the V, you will finally join to work in the round.

2 Likes

Thank you! I think I get it now. I just wasn’t certain and didn’t want to go on and on and have to rip everything out. I had joined at the underarms but not the v neck so I was correct. Now I’m hoping I get the cable row counts correct. Definitely have to pay attention!

2 Likes

Just the sleeves and neckline ribbing to go!

18 Likes

I’m finally able to really focus on my Gossamer!! My husband just said, “It looks like you’re knitting with gossamer!!!” I was excited!! It’s a FUN project.

8 Likes

Beautiful color choice

2 Likes

I’m also knitting Gossamer, but in the color “Scarlet.” I have a question for those of you who have finished the vest. Did you wash and block in the usual way? Thanks for responding!

4 Likes

@GoodWitchoftheKnit

I’m dipping into my giant stash of Rowan Original Denim for my Grace Notes. This yarn shrinks around 12.5 percent all around, according to a very smart knitter who shared her calculations, so I’m making one size larger and a few inches longer in the body to allow for it. Yes, my fingers and needles are blue! And yes, I am totally thrilled watching it progress.

11 Likes

Finished!! I sewed buttons on yesterday- and this morning, the first try on!

16 Likes

That looks great on you! Enjoy.

1 Like

That is a great idea. I have black denim that I bought to make a sweater for my husband but I may keep it for myself.

1 Like

Ooooo, looks great on you! I’m going to start Gossamer after finishing the Grace Note but it may be a long time coming!

1 Like

thank you- I was dubious as I knit, as it looked SOOOO long. But I kept reminding myself it was the whole sweater top to bottom.

3 Likes