Field Guide 22: Grace Knitalong!

Thank you- It’s a fun knit, and not too challenging. I do recommend putting little removal markers adjacent to the buttonholes as you go, for button matching up later.

3 Likes

Fabulous! And cozy i bet

2 Likes

It’s very warm, but so light!

1 Like

It looks beautiful!! I’m inspired to keep going!!!

1 Like

Do it! The length of it seems daunting, but when you finish that, you are DONE!! No sleeves, no collars, no button band, it’s all there. You’ve got this!

5 Likes

This is looking :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: lovely

2 Likes

Beautiful
So :blush: nice!

2 Likes

My Grace Notes Pullover in Atlas Lapis. This was my most favorite color when Atlas was introduced and I am so excited to do such a beautiful sweater in this color. The engineering of this sweater has been a marvel! I don’t think I’ve ever made a sweater that is so specifically tailored (of course I haven’t made a ton of sweaters and I am sure there are many of you that have done more) but it has been so wonderful to knit!

13 Likes

And (drumroll…) DONE! I absolutely love this sweater, and the Atlas yarn it’s made with. So soft and squishy, I think I’m going to live in this sweater all winter.

27 Likes

Love it! Beautiful color

2 Likes

I just started the Grace Notes pullover. I’ve knitted two other sweaters in my short knitting history, and haven’t been crazy about either. But I have high hopes for this project. The Atlas yarn is so fun to knit with. I chose Seaglass as my color!

7 Likes

Hi, Everybody! Joji KAL Zoom in 10 minutes right here: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/81279057512?pwd=OVhCeXR3c1owOWd0NFkza0lZdmFZUT09

1 Like

What a great idea! I didn’t even think of using the Rowan Denim.

1 Like

Hi! My Grace Notes 2.0- redid the back piece in the next size up, I figured out I was way off in size because my cables are much tighter gauge than my stocking stitch- I am losing 4 inches in width overall. I think all will be well when washed and blocked. Hopefully, this text is below a photo of my sweater- I’m not so handy on my phone!

9 Likes

I have a question that needs an answer! I’m almost finished with the first front panel of Gossamer and wonder if you added inches to the front panels to allow for your shoulders. If I do that, it will need an extra 3 inches of stockingette before starting the ribbing. If I don’t add more inches, the front will be considerably shorter than the back. The big problem with all of this is that the last button hole will be too high up on the fronts. I’ve stopped work on this project until this issue is resolved. Thanks for any help you Gossemers can provide!

2 Likes

I have broad shoulders and thus planned for space for them. If you look at the photo of my Gossamer you will see that the separation of the sides is not at the hanger, but lower. That was my space for shoulders.

Since you match the buttons to the buttonholes, does it really matter where they are on yours? Or could you add another buttonhole just before doing the ribbing?

2 Likes

I apologize if this has already been answered. I was wondering, on the Gossamer, do you just wet block it and dry it flat? Thanks for your help!!

2 Likes

That was how I did mine, yes.

2 Likes

THANK YOU!!! I’m very close to finishing. I MAY be able to wear it for Thanksgiving!

3 Likes

Congratulations! How did you deal with the front panel lengths? Did you need to add inches to compensate for your shoulders? How about the placement of the buttonholes if you did?

1 Like