Has Anyone Knit a Baktus?

Looking lovely but Mildred (my late-great-brown-hating grandmother) is shouting in my head about all the brown. I’m trying to branch out color-wise but sometimes I’m still that impressionable little girl adoring her grandma and not liking brown just like grandma.

Your colors are fab, and I adore the thought of giant pompoms! How fun.

2 Likes

I think its beautiful

2 Likes

Not for the first time have I wished I could take better project pictures! You are right, this does look very brown here, but IRL it is shot through with coral and turquoise, which really lifts it and makes it just right IMHO x

3 Likes

Thank you so much! I just hope it comes out right this time!

1 Like

I just finished one. I knit it with Urth Uneek Merino wool. Love it

12 Likes

LOVE this! Those tones really draw me in :slight_smile:

Finished it! Just need to get home to my stash and make a couple of giant teal pom-poms for the ends!

7 Likes

I place a marker when I increase, knit the 2 rows to get back to the marker and then take the marker off to knit two rows. It keeps me sane.

3 Likes

Oh, this looks fab! Great colours!

1 Like

Thanks, it is beautifully soft also. It has become a signature piece.

Pom-pom one finished!

6 Likes

I found some old dice, took one and just flip the die from one number to another as I finish a row. As well, I always end on row 4.

2 Likes

That’s a nifty idea! I knew there was a reason I saved those dice :wink:

It is a classic pattern and very practical and easy to wear. Make one for sure! Just mark the right side as others have suggested. I made several and they look great if you use two contrasting colors of sock yarn. The one pictured doesn’t have much contrast, but I wanted one that was a bit less “wild”.

1 Like