It's the MDK Lopi Knitalong!

Your image shows when the hyperlink is clicked - I don’t know what to advise you to do to make it just show up, but it is an inspiring shot!

What I meant about the DS is it was one of the stitches slipped on a holder for the sleeve stitches, so it won’t get closed until I start the sleeve.

1 Like

Yes, when you begin the sleeve, the DS will be closed. :grinning:

Welcome! Beautiful colors😍

2 Likes

Love the work book you’re using for your color work. Haven’t seen that before, what is it?

Joyce, it’s a bullet journal. They’re for sale on MDKs website. I LOVE mine!!!

I’m loving this daytrip!

21 Likes

Wow! Gorgeous Sara❤

1 Like

Is anyone doing anything besides Daytripper cardigan?! Decided I’d try felting Trinket mittens for my grands. Had no idea how this would go; only thing I’ve ever felted was a bar of soap🤷‍♀️

Before and after

Now I need to see if it fits any of the 3 kidletts😊

14 Likes

I love the fuzziness! I’m also planning to make mittens for gifting.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks for the reply! I ended up using brute force aka drag and drop. :hammer:

This is fun!!! The Lopi colors are surprisingly beautiful to me!! It’s easy to spit join too. Just really enjouing it.
image|375x500

4 Likes

Those colors😍 So pretty!

1 Like

watch caps for me

6 Likes

I’m using a wheel of unspun Icelandic for one of my colors. (I have three balls of Lettlopi.) It’s a little too thin to be equal to a whole strand of Lettlopi, so at first I tried doubling it. But this seemed too “fat.” So now I’m using one strand of unspun Icelandic and one strand of jumper weight wool in a similar color.

Later I read that Lettlopi is actually two strands of the unspun Icelandic. Each strand has a slight twist in it (about 15 degrees), and instead of plying the two strands, they are just laid next to each other somehow. So theoretically, two strands of the unspun Icelandic should work.

Here is a picture of the unpsun Icelandic wheel. I think it came from Schoolhouse Press. My aunt bought it a long time ago.

21 Likes

I keep coming back to your swatches just to look at your color choices. They’re so beautiful together. I hope you post your finished sweater.

5 Likes

I had a problem understanding the directions for placing the pockets on the Destination Pullover. Specifically on the first pocket you kfb, k1, then pass 2nd st on right needle over last st. which I take to mean one of the kfb increased stitches over the end one. All well and good so far but when you come to the second pocket there is no direction to pass a stitch over after the kfb so I wound up with an extra stitch on the front. I just went back and redid it to match the first pocket but I think the instructions should be more clear on this unless I’m misunderstanding something here.

Thank you, I will!

Finally figured out my guage. I used 6.5mm and getting 3.5 per inch so I will either block aggressivly or go up a size. I dont mind oversized sweaters