Knight Hood by Erika Knight

A snuggler from Erika Knight that riffs on the classic balaclava, with new style.

Share your progress, ask a question, see what everybody’s doing with Erika Knight’s design from Field Guide No. 20: Atlas.

The knitalong for this begins March 18. Details here: Get Ready! Let's All Knit Erika Knight - Modern Daily Knitting.

For the pattern, the yarn, and all things Erika, visit the Field Guide No. 20 One-Stop Shop.

5 Likes

I’m in! My Atlas (in Pear) will arrive Saturday, so I’ll start late.
I would have loved to have this for my Iceland adventure last month! It looks like it would have kept out some of the wind, held my hair in place, and snuggled my ears.
It will be great for dog walking next winter.

3 Likes

Iceland! How fantastic. So dreaming of a trip to Iceland.

2 Likes

Atlas yarn is lovely. The color is mallard. Already started the hood knitting :yarn:

12 Likes

Beautiful! You’re making me want to cast on. And I think Mallard may be my favorite Atlas color.

2 Likes

I’m in with Leek! 0h happy day!

3 Likes

OK Leek is my favorite Atlas color. I’ll shut up now.

3 Likes

Using Atlas yarn as well, eggplant on the bottom and the lime green on the top. The yarn is nice, I would guess somewhere between Aran and worsted weight, lovely to hold and knit with, not splitty at all. It almost feels like chenille to the touch. Great stitch definition and very soft and non scratchy.

Just a started about 30 rows into the back. Knit on!

7 Likes

Looking good! Happy weekend, everybody. We made it!

2 Likes

Amen, Sistah!! I am so glad I’ll be able to look at it for hours!!!

Not gonna send a picture of the first 4 rows! However, it is 5:30 am here in Southern New Hampshire with a rainy day ahead. With a ton of podcasts backed up…needles up!

4 Likes

Front and back down, joined at shoulder. No issues so far, pattern is clear and the yarn is lovely to work with.

5 Likes

This yarn feels so good!!! And loving Leek.

4 Likes

Looks beautiful!

That post was for [cmcymp]. I still dont know how to reply to an individual…help!

1 Like

To reply to an individual post use the Reply that appears to the bottom right of the post, NOT the reply in the big orange box at the bottom left. Orange box posts new comment on the topic. Looks like you did post as a reply to cmcymp. :grinning:

If you look at the post in the upper right hand corner, at the level of your name there will be a “bent” arrow (don’t know exactly how to describe it) that points to the name of the poster you are replying to. If there is nothing there it indicates a post to the topic in general. (At least I’m pretty sure that’s how it works.)

Thank you!!!

. Moving on to neck/hood. At the top, getting ready to join.

5 Likes

I love your colors!!