Marlalong! We're knitting Field Guide No. 19: Marls

Thank you! It did require another blocking to avoid the crochet chain sitting to one side, but steam worked well. I am happy with it.

Thank you! Am am happy with the result.

“I am happy” of course lol

It is a Christmas gift and I cannot wait to see the reaction. Fingers crossed, but the recipient is a knitter and will appreciate the work. Especially since this project looks far more difficult and time consuming that it turned out to be :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks so much!

Yes like most knitters I know, I knit what I like (and hope to heaven the recipient likes it too:D)

2 Likes

The back is HOTN late last night, I am loving this construction and it went really fast for me. On to the front!

15 Likes

Looks great! I was surprised by how quick of a knit it was.

2 Likes

I would be very interested in seeing a photo of this one finished. I like the plan you have created.

3 Likes

Pillow cover in progress

15 Likes

I’ve never seen that acronym before, and I really like it! Going to have to start using that myself :blush:

3 Likes

Working on my color explosion throw.

12 Likes

I’m doing my own version of the Color Explosion Throw, mainly from stash. On a brief hiatus until the Advent madness ends.

14 Likes

That is lovely and looks terrific on you

1 Like

Thanks for this! I just started the original color throw and on the third or fourth row there was an off color change that I tore out and redid. This looks perfectly shifted!

1 Like

My grandson has been asking me to “yarn” him a new blankie- the one he has - has been loved to death. He picked out all of the colors. My progress so far.

15 Likes

Finished and absolutely loving it! The seaming was new to me and very slow going; but I like it. The 2nd and 3rd seam went better and faster than the 1st. I am definitely making another one for our family room, and love the idea of using the pattern for scarfs and smaller blankets. I was surprised to have two unused balls (colors B & C) and two with just a bit left (colors E & H). In case it’s helpful for anyone, these are the amounts I used by color in the pattern chart including 15 or so micro swatches:
Finished size: 54W x 60L at pattern gauge
A) 120g B) 93g C) 87g D) 67g E) 100g F) 80g G) 87g H) 100g I) 94g J) 86g K) 92g

26 Likes

It looks amazing! I’ll be thrilled if mine comes out as great as yours.

I finally finished the third strip of my Color Explosion Throw last night! Pictures to come later. And of course, I immediately cast on for the fourth and final strip. My partner and I are closing on our first house early in January, so I might actually have this blanket done in time for the move! I’m so excited to see the final piece come together, but I’ve been loving the whole process too.

4 Likes

The most enticing project for me in Field Guide #19 is the Swarf. I finally cast on today. Here are my microswatches, all in Lichen & Lace 80/20 sock from MDK. Funny thing, until I made the microswatches I had an entirely different color order planned for the Swarf. In my head, it seemed like the way to go. But the microswatches proved my mental concept wrong! So glad I made them. And they’re cute!

7 Likes