Marlalong! We're knitting Field Guide No. 19: Marls

I’m in love with these colors! Absolutely beautiful :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

I think this is one of the most addictive patterns I’ve ever knit! I feel like I can’t put it down

4 Likes

I’m so excited about FG19 that I finally decided to learn my way around the Lounge! I am juggling that excitement with Knit Stars 6 beginning. I won’t be able to start the Color Explosion Throw right away, but plan to finish it during this KAL. It will be mostly blues and greens from my felted tweed stash. I can also see knitting the Spectra and Marlagram cowl but not within the KAL. I’ll happily follow all the fun being posted here!:star_struck:

6 Likes

I hope when you pick up the afghan to finish you will feel peace and enjoy its comfort and warmth.

1 Like

Thank you, Jan. That is my hope too!

2 Likes

Thank you, Carol, this is such a beautifully-expressed message. Welcome to the Lounge and I can’t wait to see your Color Explosion when you start it!

2 Likes

This is the most beautiful one I have seen. Flat, it looks different from the others.

2 Likes

I am just finishing the first panel, using stash.

25 Likes

It looks great in these softer colors! I love it

2 Likes

I’m making myself follow the pattern even though to my eye some of these rows of colors are too close to the next row. In the end I think it will be OK.

14 Likes

A question for you….did you pull your yarn from each skein the same way; ie, pull from the center or from the outside? Am curious to know. TIA, caryl

1 Like

I pulled from the center of both balls. I was able to pick the balls I wanted to use so I saw how the colors were wound.

I think They wind all colorways both ways so you can decide which way you want to go. I don’t know that you can specifically ask but you can choose which end to start with.

1 Like

Thanks so much for your answers…very helpful. Ready to do the cowl. Such fun to watch the colors unwind together.

2 Likes

I’m working on the hat, using left overs of Queenslsnd collection United from a top - also marled- that I made. Trying to resist buying more yarn when I have so much stashed away, especially bits and pieces from completed projects. Can’t wait to get thru the ribbing bits… I’m a slow ribber

13 Likes

Thanks for the great suggestion! I’m doing the kit, and the colors as outlined in the original pattern. Just cast on in time for 10 hours of road tripping. Off we go!

11 Likes

My first anything-a-long! I’m doing the Color Explosion Throw in the kit colors. I’m hoping to finish it in time for Christmas so I can give it to my mom. She’s been dealing with a tough diagnosis so this is an important project to this newbie knitter!

13 Likes

Just got my felted tweed together and starting the throw. Pictures soon I hope!

3 Likes

Working on the throw and YES it is addictive!! And I love every stitch. Pictures to follow when I figure out how to include one. Ha ha. Better knitter than tech person :grinning:

12 Likes

What a great gift. Sorry about your mom’s illness. The great thing about this is that it looks much more complicated than it is!

3 Likes