MDK Knitting Getaway 2019

Looking forward to the Shakerag Sock Blank knit down. What will we make with our blanks. Who has a good lemon cookie recipe.
Exactly how many Shakerag tops were on property?
Your turn

7 Likes

I’m winding my sock blank with all the nostalgia in the world! The natural-dyed colors are so wonderful–Donna Brown gave us such a gift with this palette.

I think I had a dream about the lemon cookies last night.

Miss y’all! What a group! Still sort of dazzled by all the laughs and kindness—and pork rinds in the Knitting Parlor.

8 Likes

WAIT there were no pork rinds in the Knitting Parlor when I was there. I have been robbed!

Although, fun fact: I went to the Shake Shack in Nashville on Sunday night and they have a burger called the Crackle Burger or some such nonsense and it has—wait for it—homemade pork cracklins on top.

I am hot on the trail of the lemon cookie recipe. Watch this space!

Miss you all tragically from my desk in New York, where last night a drunk on the street was yelling GIVE ME BACK MY MONEY so loudly that I could hear it very clearly on the 12th floor.

10 Likes

I, too, did not have the pork rinds experience… but I have skeined, steamed and rewound my
sock blank.

Now to deicde top down or toe up.
Miss you all.

10 Likes

Nell it looks so professional! Like real yarn!

5 Likes

Thanks Kay! I wanted to say that I did all of that prep because I am such a loose knitter. The kinks stay wibbly which makes my (re)knitted fabric unpredictable.

3 Likes

They’ll be beautiful socks either way😍 luv your dye job!!

3 Likes

Did the poppy seed lemon cookie recipe get shared with us in an email from Claire back in February? Trotting off to see…

4 Likes

Please, please, please say yes (and post it…)

6 Likes

It is posted in the new MDK Knitting Getaway group on Ravelry. Will it surprise you to know it has 2 1/2 sticks of butter!!

8 Likes

Best lunch ever!

10 Likes

But you forgot to invite all of us and our knitting…:thinking:

2 Likes

The pork rinds were in the Parlor on Saturday afternoon, along with pretzels, as a group of us made our own pre-happy hour happy hour. This should probably be a thing for Getaway 2020.

I didn’t try the lemon cookies, but I would definitely take 109482095820 more of the chocolate chip ones. So glad I took a couple out in a napkin from lunch. SO. GOOD.

5 Likes

I made a first draft of the lemon cookies (from a screen shot of an MDK story!) just yesterday, for hubbo for Father’s Day, by which I mean because I really missed you all!
Flavor was spot on. Mine were a bit heavy, I’ll fluff the flour next time, and make them a bit bigger.
Tell me, were they slightly cakey, half way to Madeleines? Or is that the angels of Shakerag in my imagination.
That was a perfect getaway. Tried to talk hubbo into Bonaroo for next year, we shall see. Thank you Kay & Ann, and you lovely Shakeragettes.

8 Likes

Was that recipe thanks to you? I’ll reward you with shortbread, dear.

3 Likes

Did everybody and their cat see this yet? We must spread the word and the almond extract laced frosting! Got my butter, poppy seeds, and almond extract yesterday. Must run out to store for more lemons and creammmmmmmmm…You might need to click on the photo to see the whole recipe. xoc(for Cristina and for Cookie and that’s good enough for me.)

8 Likes

Welcome! Just posted the recipe here. c.

2 Likes

Just in case you have more lemons and cream than you need for the cookies…
NO CHURN LEMON ICE CREAM!
You’re welcome, I think.

5 Likes

Definitely making that! Thank you!!

1 Like

Omg Cristina, this looks awesome!! Gotta try this!! Thx:) Also sending to my daughter in N.C. Lemon is her fave

1 Like