MDK Knitting Getaway 2019

Oddly, the almond extract is my least favorite part. I’m thinking f either subbing in lemon extract or more vanilla.

3 Likes

I’d be tempted to add Lime zest.

2 Likes

I thought of that too. I’ll confess to not having read the recipe in detail. Wasn’t sure if liquid was needed, but then maybe zest and juice!

2 Likes

Oooo, lemon extract would be a yummy sub! Thx for that idea :wink:

2 Likes

Ahhhh. It’s July 1. I miss our Shakerag days…can we go back now, please?

6 Likes

I absolutely loved getting to know you JM and hope to see you again next year!

3 Likes

Question: what is the fiber content of the sock blank? Just wondering whether it is superwash.

1 Like

In my class they said superwash. Not sure if true for all.

3 Likes

Lisa, I’m loving following you and Jack on Instagram!
I hope to get in again next year, hoping to take a workshop, too.

2 Likes

Today is finally the day I’m making these!

2 Likes

Let us know how about hey come out!

1 Like

They’re gone. :heart:

3 Likes

So, did you get in? (pssst - I did)

4 Likes

Yes, and am lining up must haves to prepare. #ShakeragTop
is first/

3 Likes

Hurray! I am in for this year and can’t wait to see you Lucy. As an FYI, I emailed about when the Sylph will be back in stock and got this reply from the lovely Ashley:

“We have had quite a few requests to get Sylph back in stock! It is something we are working on arranging, but I don’t have a timeline just yet of when we will be able to get that back in our shop. Hopefully we can have that back sooner rather than later so you can make that Shakerag top!”

Be right back. Sourcing my pork rinds now.

4 Likes

I did! I might have a family wedding that weekend, will know in about a month.

1 Like

Oh come on, don’t your relatives know better?

3 Likes

Thanks for checking. I started looking at alternate yarns, just In case. Also doing a faux Alabama Chanin Skirt before attempting a real kit. The past few months have been tied up with baby presents (5 for the office and 2 nieces) so I feel like a production knitter.)
I’ll bring the Palmetto Pimento Cheese for the pork rinds.

2 Likes

ERMAGHERD!! I am going to the Shakerag thingy next year! I am sure I am way early to be excited, but I am excited so I am here to say HI HI HI and all that.

So, HI, I am Francine, or Hibby. My most recent non-yarn purchase is all the Alabama Chanin books, Yay used booksellers! The price of the kits is breathtaking, but I can just make things… once I have perused. And Pondered.

7 Likes

Hibby,
HOLA! Looking forward to seeing you at #MDKGETAWAY2020.
I’m @LucyFlemingKpt on Instagram

2 Likes