MDK Knitting Getaway 2019

Hello Hibby! So excited you are going to the Shakerag thingy!!! I’m @goodwitchoftheknit on Instagram. #MDKGetawayforever #lemoncookies

5 Likes

I am FrancineHibiscus everywhere!!

4 Likes

Woohoo🎉 I’m so excited for you!!!

2 Likes

Never too early to get excited!

5 Likes

The Getaway is excitement worthy! Meet you there!

4 Likes

I’m going back to Tennessee! This time I’ll be swimming, too. And I’ll arrive well-rested so I can burn the candle at both ends. #mdkknittinggetawayforevuh

6 Likes

I missed being drawn in the lotto but fingers (and toes) crossed I’ll get a spot while on the wait list. Will just keep knitting …as one does, when they are waiting :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Looking forward to seeing you again.

2 Likes

Aurghhhh! Yes waitlist.

1 Like

We’ll all cross our fingers you make it in!

4 Likes

IS there a 2020 thread that I haven’t found? Because there should be!! Maybe. I am not the boss of you.

ANYWAY we have to RACE OFF on the Sunday? So breakfast is at 6 am or something? If you are, as me, NOT A MORNING PERSON, come share the whining.

1 Like

@Francine_Hibiscus, you will survive. Are you flying back out. Us not early morning people will just hunker around our cup of coffee and wave as folks leave. But breakfast is awesome, as are all the meals. You’ll want to be there. :star_struck:

2 Likes

Oh I will be there!!! I was planning on driving, but it’s a long drive from Detroit… And flights are not that expensive!

1 Like

I think it is usually at 7, but I agree with @lucy.fleming. The food is great so it will get you ready for your drive!

2 Likes

Hey, Shakeragettes! Does anyone recognize this yarn? One (or two) of you left it on the Swap Table last summer and I’m using it for the Main Squeeze sweater. I do have a Plan B if there’s not enough since Yarn Chicken is my favorite sport! Has anyone else found a project to make with Swap Table yarn?

7 Likes

I just purchased some Sylph in the MDK shop, I will be either wearing or still knitting a Shakerag Top at the workshop in June. It’s only 4 months away!

5 Likes

I remember that yarn! Good work, Pennie. I’ll try to remember to pack some extra yarns for the share table.

2 Likes

Jeez, I’m working on my swing skirt with that deadline looming. I bet I can get and a top done by then. Besides it will be too hot for a Main Squeeze sweater.

6 Likes

I keep wanting to bring my “bang out” projects but they are all too warm.

3 Likes

Last year the theatre was fairly cool, and we’ll hold up (hand knit) stoles & shawls if you need to do the fashion model quick-change!

2 Likes