Mood Cardigan Knitters Unite!

Who’s with me? I’m loving knitting Jeanette Sloan’s Mood Cardigan from MDK Field Guide No. 15: Open.

The lace pattern is so easy, it’s a perfect project for a lace beginner who is looking for a healthy amount of practice. Two rectangles—so no shaping—followed by some artful finishing. Result: a super wearable, versatile top layer that you can wear two ways.

Here’s where we can discuss this project. Questions, answers, thoughts, plans, hopes, dreams: all of it.

9 Likes

This is lovely. I need a palate cleanser. Will start checking the stash for an appropriate yarn!

3 Likes

I would very much love to embark on this…and I’ll be slow but steady! I’m done making grandbaby items for a minute and would enjoy having something for myself!

4 Likes

So when you say “two rectangles” that makes this possible for me. I get lost in lace plus
increases and decreases—well, I actually get lost in all lace–but maybe I can do a couple of rectangles. Will continue to mull this over. This MIGHT be do-able–without landing it among the many other UFOs I intend to finish…one day.

4 Likes

I’m excited!! I’m joining this one!! It will be fun to check in with people. I’ve never joined the lounge with an actual project so I’m looking forward to it. Yay!!! :yarn::blush:

3 Likes

I’m in!
I dug some pretty dusty rose colored Silky Tweed out of the deep stash and got a good start. (Remember when dusty rose was a color? That’s how long it’s been stashed.)

7 Likes

I’m thinking about joining in on this. I’m going to try some swatching before I make up my mind.

4 Likes

I think we might see it again - my daughter’s bridesmaid dresses were dusty blue.

4 Likes

Hi Kay, I’m in (the Mood). My order of rustic fingering in Remington arrived today. It’s luscious purple and I can’t wait to get started.

5 Likes

I’m overcommitted in knitting right now but will make this one day.

7 Likes

Present. Had already planned mine in the same color as Kay so rushed to buy yarn this morning in case of a sellout. I really should finish the Parallelogram Wrap that’s been my summer work, but …::shrugs::

7 Likes

Welcome Linda!

We can twin! (Assuming people ever get to be in each other’s presence again.)

Ann clued me in on an online sale so we now have twin striped dresses and I have to make sure she’s not wearing hers on a Zoom with People if I want to wear mine.

So: just shoot me a text before you go out in your Mood, Terri!

3 Likes

I know that you will. #allinduetime

1 Like

Yay for a purple Mood!

I can see we are going to have to take over the @mymoderndailyknitting account so we can show off all the Moods.

Susan! The Lavold Silky Tweed? That is some good good yarn. I think we just rebrand Dusty Rose with a different name and it’ll be right back in style.

Since you knit the sample, this is a powerful endorsement!

3 Likes

I needed the simplicity! I love that I can just pick it up and put it down and see where I am right away.

1 Like

@Kay, :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: You know me too well.

2 Likes

i’m in - i’m using some three isrish girls yarn i had in my stash for another sweater that i haven’t gotten around to knitting yet. i also decided to make it a 12 row repeat instead of the 16 row repeat - somehow i like the pattern in odd numbers so i’m doing 3 before i alternate the location. i just cast on yesterday and i’m loving it so far

9 Likes

So funny, I’m kind of numerological too, and prefer odd numbers and especially ESPECIALLY multiples of 3. I’m sure you wonder: my favorite number is 18. I use 18 and its factors (3, 6 and 9, but never 2!) whenever I’m designing something on the fly like a log cabin blanket or dishcloth, but it didn’t even occur to me to alter someone else’s pattern to give me my “good” numbers.

It seems kind of superstitious, honestly! These numbers just feel so much better to me than, for example, 5 or 10. TEN IS NOT A GOOD NUMBER except in the metric system, in which case it’s marvelous.

10 Likes