Mood Cardigan Knitters Unite!

Thanks. I read back thru this thread and also the comments on Ravelry and finally figured that out. Swatched with a fingering weight cotton. I’m gonna give it a go…

3 Likes

@Gandldero It’s been a while, so I am wondering how this going for you. Did the lace seem to get easier with a little experience? I’m starting this pattern myself now, so if you have any questions, I’ll be glad to help. I love knitting lace, and (don’t ask me how I) know how to fix most any mistake without frogging.

PS - Even when it’s done perfectly, it will look like a mess, until you block it!

3 Likes

I should add that since I appear to be the ONLY person who couldn’t make it, I am doubly frustrated!

1 Like

Of course you can do it! Look at how you just learned the crochet cast on! Every skill we learn takes some practice, and most are frustrating at first. You’re in the right place; advice freely given, day or night, just ask.

4 Likes

Thanks for the vote of confidence! I am likely to try it again once I get done, or closer to done, the 4 projects I am currently working on!

3 Likes

I’m still working on mine. About half way through the body panel. Finding this one with the 259 stitches not moving as fast as the sleeve panel. Glad I’m not the only one still working on it!

4 Likes

In still working as well. Started very late. Doing mine in cotton. About three quarters thru the sleeve section

10 Likes

You’ve got company here! I have finished most of my Mood Cardigan, but the lace was very slow going for me and at times I thought I simply didn’t have the brains or attention span to master the pattern. (There’s a hole in the back that is going to require some very artistic work with a tapestry needle to disguise.) But I must say when I got to the point that I was rarely making mistakes, the sense of satisfaction was profound. Stick with it!

4 Likes

Finally finished the sleeve section. Thought I’d finished earlier yesterday, so I cut the yarn and put it on a holder. Then measured. Stupid.Wasn’t quite long enough. So did another few inches, and measured carefully before I cut it. Now it’s blocking. Will start the body section tonight or tomorrow.

4 Likes

I ripped out almost half my sleeve and started again. The yellow stitch marker indicates where I ripped back to. So far my stitches seem more in line with the existing stitches. A bit more to go and then I’ll block before going on to the body.

6 Likes

I blocked mine before I started the body as well. It inspired me since it looked lovely blocked. We will finish eventually.

3 Likes

Good morning and Happy Memorial Day! Being the techno wizard that I am, I just read your posting from 20 days ago! Must say that I get huge comfort from reading it as so many seemed to say it was a simple walk in the park. I am determined as ever to make that thing! In the next few months we are redecorating one of our rooms and making it into Deb’s knitting room. There I will go, in total silence, and try again!

7 Likes

Once you get ready to try this one, realize that you can always substitute a stitch pattern you find more convenient to do reliably and with less frustration, for the specific lace mentioned. Even YO, k2tog repeatedly for a row, then 2 rows of knit. That’s as mindless as it gets and will make a great open, drapey fabric for this oddly structured garment. Never think you HAVEto do something only the way it was originally written. Good luck!

5 Likes

that is such wonderful advice! I completely agree and I wish someone had told me that much sooner than I figured it out for myself.

1 Like

Congratulations and how gorgeous. You put this yarn to such great use!

1 Like

Well thank you!!!

I finished! This was a fun knit, and my first time using two strands together. I love the yarn (La Bien Aimee Helix in color Lise).

18 Likes

Oh it’s gorgeous! Looks great on you.

2 Likes

So pretty!

2 Likes

Finally finished mine! I made the sleeves a bit longer so I can’t really reverse it. But I do love it. Used Schoppel Woolle cotton ball.

13 Likes