Parallogram scarf double increases

I have just started the Parallogram scarf and didn’t realize the increase at the end of row 1 is a double increase. After reading the directions and searching the internet, I still am not sure how to do this.
It says to knit into the back of loop and then the front, and then knit into the back of the loop on the next stitch.
Does this mean to start increases on the last 2 stitches of the row? Start by knitting the back and then the front and slip off the needle? Then to knit into the back of the last loop, and then what? Slip it off with still only 1 increase, or then knit into the front of that loop???

When you knit into the back of the stitch, you’ve created 1 loop. Then when you knit into the same stitch, you’ve created another. Knit into the back of the same stitch one more time for a 3rd loop, then you are finished and can release that stitch from the LH needle.
It’s a little fidgety, and works best (I think) with a pointy needle.

3 Likes

Thanks. The directions for kbfb in in Field Guide #5 says to knit in the back and then the front of the loop and then “into the back of the next stich”. I’m surprised that no one else has questioned this. It implies that this latter action is worked on two stitches. I failed the first time to do this and ended up with an even number of stitches which wasn’t right. It was nice that you got right back to me for my evening knitting time.

2 Likes

I’ve forwarded this to tech for clarification. Thanks so much!

The abbreviation is broken into several lines because of the column restraint, but it says in a complete and unbroken sentence- “Knit into the back, front, then back of the next stitch” which implies all actions are made into that next stitch.
That said, I do understand how, with the format, it could have been interpreted as involving another stitch. I am so glad that you brought it up as this can be helpful to other knitters, too.

1 Like