Praise for FG 19

Allison told me to get three balls of your first three colors. And two of the rest.

1 Like

I was so sorry to miss this, but I was also delighted to attend the most wonderful wedding on the same day. : )

1 Like

So glad you had a celebration. Know that you were missed. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Ann, and everyone else, is so right. Knitting these micro swatches is loads of fun. I’m about to cast on Swarf.

5 Likes

Isn’t it the softest wool? It should be a delight to knit!

2 Likes

I read elsewhere that the bundle is correct: maybe some of the colors use 3 skeins?

2 Likes

I think no. 19 is my favorite so far. I’m already working on the Spectra sweater, but a little voice in my head wants to transform the Color Explosion throw into a dress. I’m trying to shush it for now.

6 Likes

Don’t leave us dangling with that tantalizing thought…

1 Like

Well, I did keep thinking about it, and I’m not sure I could preserve the graphic qualities I like so much in the design of the throw even in a minimally shaped dress. So, now, I’m thinking about a ruana inspired jacket. I am such a garment knitter!

In other news, I’m getting ready to do the long bindoff on the right back of the Spectra.

3 Likes

I love the sweater. Need to figure out the yarn!

2 Likes

I’ve started a Color Explosion Throw. Did not do mini swatch - just picked 11 colors of Felted Tweed and launched into it. I have a question: In Strip 1, Marl #4, it calls for Marl BE which does not use one of the colors from Marl #3. This is contrary to the “Swap One Strand” marl sequence described on p. 39 of the field guide. Is there an errata somewhere for this? Anyone else think this wasn’t right?

1 Like

Yes, I noticed that the blanket’s Strip 1 early marl sequence did not quite flow. I emailed MDK about this on September 21 but haven’t heard back except for an automated response. I think that marl no. 3 should be BJ, so my solution is slightly different from yours, but we are both seeing a problem in the same area.

I haven’t looked to see if any errata have been published for the Field Guide, so it may have been noted somewhere.

2 Likes

And @Joyous360 — I just took the marling workshop with Cecelia. She did say she prefers only swapping one color at a time but it doesn’t always work,so it may be a error and may not. I don’t have the pattern or a photo in front of me so hard to say for sure but I’d say do whatever you like—your blanket may be a bit different but it will still be beautiful!

1 Like

I noticed that when I did my mini swatch (photo is above a couple of comments). When I started the second strip I noticed that the color balances out. I followed the pattern, but I think there is no wrong answer. Btw, what colors did you choose??

2 Likes

There is a note in corrections at the bottom of the main MDK page that AE could be used in cell 4 of strip 1, but as @jangrimmer said, it does balance out.

@Joyous360 - I am sorry to hear that your direct email was missed. My apologies to you.
I answer questions here if you tag me @nellknits and now that said, I am traveling from the 14th-20th and will not be as connected as when I’m home.

3 Likes

I took my colors from the second day. I’ll send you a photo when I get to it. A pretty wide variety!

1 Like

I was looking at your swatch after I’d posted, and thought that you had followed the pattern AND that it looks great and balances out.

1 Like

No worries about the missed email. I’d honestly forgotten about it until I read the post above which reminded me that I had noticed something a little odd back in the mists of time. I’m traveling myself with intermittent internet access.

I’m finishing up a mammoth crocheted blanket (also using Felted Tweed) and then I’ll be casting on for the Color Explosion Throw. I’m really looking forward to getting my teeth into it.

2 Likes

I do hope to see this mammoth! :smiley:

2 Likes

My swatch was upside down!! Whoops! My colors are:
A: Scarlet
B: Maritime
C: Celadon
D: Delft (I love this color)
E: Vaseline Green
F: Pine Green
G: Pink Bliss
H: Frozen
I: Barbara
J: Peony
K: Electric Green

I have been watching your crochet flower blanket on Instagram. I love it!!

2 Likes