Pussyhat Research Invitation

Have you made a pussyhat? I want to learn from you! I’m an interdisciplinary researcher based on Arkansas, and a pussyhat maker myself.

My study is designed to explore the experiences of people who made hats for the Pussyhat Project in connection with the women’s marches on January 21, 2017 in Washington, D.C. and elsewhere. The data from this research will be used to understand pussyhat makers’ motivations and intentions, including the values they wanted to express, as well as their perceptions of the results of their work.

If you volunteer to participate in this study, you will be asked to complete an online survey. All questions are optional and anonymous. Your participation will take approximately 20 minutes. At the end of the survey, you will be given an opportunity to volunteer to be interviewed further about your experiences and perceptions. If you so choose, the investigator will set up a phone or in-person interview at your convenience. Interviews will take approximately 1 hour.

Before you begin the survey, please take a moment to read the informed consent information.

Please click the link below to take the survey about your experiences as a pussyhat maker.

Take the Pussyhat Maker Survey

If you know other pussyhat makers (in your local area, in your Ravelry groups, or on other social media), please feel free to share this post or the survey link. Of course, I’m happy to entertain questions or concerns in this thread, or via my contact information below.

Thank you!

Donna Bowman, Ph.D.
Professor
Norbert O. Schedler Honors College
University of Central Arkansas
honors.uca.edu
donnab at uca dot com
(501) 450-3631

2 Likes