Refreshalong: Arcade Cap Chat

Here’s where we’ll talk about the Arcade Cap.

Carol Feller has made a video to show us how to join up the cable columns to form the arches in this design. Access the video and read all about it here.

Off we go!

4 Likes

Waiting for my yarn but when it arrives I will be casting on right away. It’s a gift for a friend who is a nurse. She’s a tiny little person so the small will do just fine. She’s been working like a dog but in reality she’s a crazy cat lady (it’s one of the things I like about her). So Kitten Fluff it is!

6 Likes

Looking forward to knitting my first hat! Time to break away from scarves and gain confidence in new techniques. Have my Nua… yikes

6 Likes

I just finished my Arcade hat in Figment, and I’m loving it! What a great pattern, and Nua is such a lovely yarn! I may need to make another!

11 Likes

I LOVE kitten fluff! I want to get all of it and stash it forever. :slight_smile: And maybbeee knit with it? I just love the name and the color!

2 Likes

Please help me read the gauge instructions! I am a first timer at hats and after reading the MDK article I want to start with a gauge swatch but this instruction confuses me ! Over reverse stockinette?
IMG_2043|666x500

Reverse stockinette is just purl the public side rows, knit the wrong side rows. In the round it’s all purl.

2 Likes

SO excuse my ignorance (and thanks for responding!) I am knitting on circular needles so for the gauge swatch do I just purl for the 4" or do I purl 2 knit 2?

Hi! The pattern says the gauge is 24 stitches and 37 rows = 4 inches/10 cm over reverse stockinette stitch. So you’ll want to knit a gauge swatch in reverse stockinette, not k2p2 rib.

Just noticed it says 37 rows - but that should be 37 rounds because this hat is worked in the round.

1 Like

finished mine before her videos so was glad to see that I joined arches correctly…so clever.

11 Likes

I ordered the Hatter’s Teal Party to make this hat for my teen granddaughter. Being new to cables and KAL’s I will have questions as I go. I’m excited to be part of this. Some of you have already finished?! Oh my!

3 Likes

I received my Nua sport in Cafe Flamingo yesterday and am casting on for the Arcade cap now. This yarn is yummy! After the cap, I am going to take a stab at the cardigan in Mosquito Coast.

3 Likes

I received everything on May 1st and cast on with Size 3 but after 10 rows could see that it would be too large. Went to my stash of needles and found my 1.5 Addi flexi-flips and started. After the rib the stitches kept falling off the ends so I added 2 dp’s and continued on. Finished last. Igor and now have a cute hat to wear that covers the gray roots and sheepdog bangs.:mask:

8 Likes

I just started mine last weekend. I picked the frog on the wall color![image|375x500](upload://ufvNeIicbGFWimage OuckMYoR54IUQvv.jpeg)

6 Likes

I’m in!! Field Guide and Nua received - I’ll post a photo as soon as I am underway. Super impressed by everyone’s progress and finished hats!! Edit to add the starting photo - I know I’m not the only one who has to match the project bag to the yarn. This is the Nua in Frog on the Wall colorway. Casting on… now!!

5 Likes

I love this yarn color!

1 Like

Finished my Arcade Cap last night! I love the way it looks.
Did not like doing those P2tog TBL decreases.
I added a few more rows of ribbing as I like to make sure my ears are covered. It allows me to roll it up if I want a double layer when it gets cold

4 Likes

Great job! I love it.

Finished the hat up yesterday. I wear it with the arches to the back - a guy thing? Very fun knit (except for the P2TOG and P3TOG on DPN’s at the end :rofl:). Actually proud to have accomplished the arches without too many missteps!

5 Likes

This looks amazing!

1 Like