Refreshalong: The Transom Cardigan Seminar Meets Here

Good morning from TN - I started the Transom Cardigan yesterday after swatching Thursday/blocking my swatch Friday. Am making the second size in Café Flamingo. As of last night, I am on the last part of “Shape Shoulders,” - “work even until…”. My question is, which side of the picked up stitches do I measure from to determine I have 3.25"? Because of the short rows, the picked up stitches line is angled. My guess is the lower end of the picked up stitches (on the right saddle side, measure from the left most part of the PU stitches, on the left saddle side measure from the right most part?). Thanks!

Late to the game, awaiting my order which still says “processing”. Alas. I’ll be fine mine in Hatter’s Tea party. I know I’m fortunate to still be employed and working from home (which I detest) but I gotta say I’m envious of having the time to knit all day long. Might have to take a few vacation days when my order comes so I can catch up…

1 Like

@poochermarie
That got me too, but it’s in the directions, the part in parentheses. It says “from picked up sts (at armhole edge), ending with a WS row.”

(** Are mine, to show where the comment is in the directions. )

1 Like

Thank you - I must have a different pattern version because mine doesn’t have a parenthesis w/"at armhole edge) - it just says, “from picked-up sts, ending with a WS row.” That’s very helpful because I still have a ways to go before doing the armholes. Thanks again!!

2 Likes

I agree - that is a helpful hint and my pattern doesn’t have that either - i guessed at that and carried on

1 Like

I wonder if there is a difference between the print version and the electronic? I have the print version and it doesn’t have the bit about the armhole edge.

2 Likes

I have the field guide in print and electronic (although not sure how the electronic version gets updated - it is in my MDK library not Ravelry). Both are the same (i.e., no note about the armhole edge). Oh well - am glad I asked because I need to keep knitting for another inch before starting the armholes! :grinning:

A puzzle, then. But I assumed it would be the measurement at the armhole edge or the armhole would be rather shallow, and certainly too shallow for me personally.

I have the electronic version, and it makes sense that it would be easy to edit with corrections. Feel free to call on me if there are any other things that might be left out.

I’m enjoying working with the beautiful Nua Sport yarn in Angry Monkey. I got gauge, and I’m looking forward to the next step.
Question - I’m working the 3rd size (bust 37-40). On p. 8 under Knitted Measurements, it says finished bust size is 42 1/2, in the schematic the ‘around’ measurement for that size is 40 1/2. In the Shape Body section, she has you increasing at the side seams 4 times. So I’m confused about what the correct bust measurement is.

I have two e-versions— one from the MDK website that I had access to as a subscriber before it was on Ravelry (that version does not have the measure from armhole phrase), and a second, later version from Ravelry that does have the armhole instruction,

1 Like

I read the schematic as not having the button bands which will add another 2” or so.

1 Like

Oh that makes sense - Thanks!

Hi - I’m a subscriber to the field guides and i have the print and electronic version. How do I get a version in my Ravelry library? Thanks, Lynda

The back inside cover of the print has a download code for Ravelry.

1 Like

Hello again! You were so helpful last time so maybe you can answer this one too? (I am pretty new to sweater knitting BTW so hopefully this isn’t a dumb question) - I am on the Right Front/Shape Neck and Armhole. I am doing my neck increases and it says when the piece measures 3.25" from picked up sts to start increasing the armhole at the same time. Again, is this 3.25" on the armhole side or the neck side? (I think like before it is the armhole side but want to be sure). THANK YOU!!!

Cool - thanks - I’ll try that now

That worked!!! I have all the field guides and I’m so happy i can do that with all of them

The armhole side is where you do the measurement

Thank you!! :smile: