Squad Mitts: Show & Tell

There are a million ways to make these mitts—such a good laboratory for quick color experiments. We’re eager to see what you’re cooking up.

1 Like

I’m making beautiful color way 3, quill, terrywinkle, zest, nickel. I love Ann Weaver’s color sense. I’m hoping to learn how to create never-would-have-thought-of-it combinations like this, so I’m going to be reading her articles avidly.

“Zest” is another word for MDK vermilion–NOT orange–I think.

2 Likes

The mitt is loving Lake Michigan today.

8 Likes

Got my Squad Mitts kit the day after I left town, even had the Hubs send it to me at the hotel. I’ve been at the Outer Banks of NC for a workshop all week and haven’t even had a minute to unpack my yarn. Now I’m taking an extra day before driving home, but realized I have no ball winder with me. So, here are my lovely skeins with an OBX sunrise a few days ago, cast on will happen tomorrow when I get home to VA.

3 Likes

OK lame question but seriously, how did you wind that yarn? And yes, vermilion for the win!

My yarn never takes me anywhere, just sayin. Dreamy sunrise!

1 Like

On my thumb–Preferred Mom Method–mostly while watching baseball.

Yup, tedious, but it makes wonderfully squishy center-pull balls.

3 Likes

Although I still have one thumb left (I’m saving that as a “pick up” demo in an upcoming mitt class) -
I present the Mod Squad mitt

the notes are on my Ravelry project page

9 Likes

I just blogged about my first pair of Squad Mitts today! As of last night, the second pair is underway. :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Also nice succulents!

4 Likes

My first pair is done. Color way 3 as per pattern. Will start to mix them up next. I have to take new photos, they are on ravelry, but I deleted them from the phone (oops)! Traveling next week, so hope to get some more done.

Well, I found a photo before sewing in ends.

7 Likes

Mitt #1, done. Fun!

The yarn is almost velvety, and there are miles left. Thinking more mitts with my own stripe arrangement, and socks socks socks.

9 Likes

Here’s my version of the Squad Mitts. I made them specifically to match this hat and these buttons. I foresee many more pairs of these in my future :wink:

10 Likes

Oh, so darling! And are those sheep buttons? :sheep:

3 Likes

Yes! I got them at Jo-Ann’s, and have been waiting for the perfect thing to use them with.

1 Like

Perfectly sheepily adorable!

2 Likes

I’ve started my second pair. Off to London for a week so hopefully some knitting time. Decided to rib the first 4 rows, not sure what I’ll do on the top yet.

1 Like

Who would think it could take a week to knit one mitt. But anyway, here’s mitt #1, colorway #1. I’m not a fan of rolled edges on mitts, so knit 3x1 rib instead, made the thumb longer and decreased a couple of the 17 stitches.

5 Likes

I don’t even know how to do that! I’m impressed!

Handspun Squad Mitts - all ready for holiday gifting!

8 Likes