Suggestions for Blanket Yarn

I’m working on a baby blanket for a new grandson (arriving in August!). The baby will be in Texas, so I used a fingering weight — Berroco Ultra Wool Fine, which is 100% superwash wool. It is coming along quite nicely. I’m using three of the colors for an I-chord edge. It’s not the easiest to do, but I like the look. Pattern is Fly Away by Tin Can Knits. I’m using size 3 needles and size 6 dpn for the I-chord. You can see that adding a few more squares would make it big enough for a college person. And what better name could there be??? Tin Can has several different layouts in the book I have. My daughter came up with this idea.

Kay had some great tips for turning the corner with an I-chord.

6 Likes

That blanket was made by multiple folks including three brand new knitters!

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Very, very cool. I even showed it to my husband. How Lucy you were to win the yarn!!

2 Likes

Your daughter is going to be so lucky to receive this blanket. I see you mentioned that all the knitters are experienced knitters. Sounds like a great opportunity to knit “From Grandma with Love” by Melanie Berg. It is a beautiful blanket, and knit in a superwash yarn, should be fairly easy care.
Another lovely blanket that’s not so hard is the “Princess Squares Blanket” by Pam Allen. You’d have to make it larger. Of course. So striking in its colors.
No matter what you decide to knit, your daughter is a lucky girl.
Let us know what you decide.

2 Likes

Thank you so much!! This is the first time I ever posted and I am overwhelmed by the kindness on the forum. :rainbow:

4 Likes