Team Blanket No. 1: For Carrie Swanson--NOW FULL!

Thank you so much, Carrie! We are SUPER glad to have you on our team! :smile: Keep an eye on our thread here in The Lounge, I’ll be posting details for the Finishing/Assembling Party and everyone is welcome! Location will be near Harrisonburg, VA (specifics to be determined); and as far as dates go, I’m looking at the end of August (we’ll narrow that down to what works for you all once finished squares are arriving on my doorstep)! :smile:
In the meantime, would you mind sending me your email address? You can email me at: sarahinskeepdesigns@gmail.com if you prefer. I will email you back asap with the Mitered Crosses Blanket pattern and my mailing address for your finished square!
Thank you again for joining our team! We’re so glad to have you!

Wow, that was quick! And your square is gorgeous, Leslie! :smile:
Yes, we could use another square, thank you SO much! :smiley:

Working on my square… :blush:

3 Likes

Do you still need squares? I can knit one and would,love to! I have some Berroco Peruvia in light and dark colors, which I think is the right weight. Or, can use Cascade Eco Wool. I do not have the pattern. Can you email it to me?

1 Like

Absolutely! Will send you the pattern ASAP! Thank you SO much, Bonnie! We’re thrilled to have you on our team! :smile:

1 Like

Thanks! Looking forward to casting on!

1 Like

Do you still need squares for this? Happy to help.

These might be my colors - Mountain Mohair by Green Mountain Spinnery and Cascade Eco Wool.

Question: the pattern says blocked squares are 13.5 x 13.5, but we are supposed to make 11.2 x 11.2 squares? Why the 2.25 inch difference? Are we supposed to knit at a tighter gauge or use thinner yarn?

Just to be sure, we are to knit from Miter 1 through Section 8?

2 Likes

Love those yarns and colors!
That’s a great question, thank you for asking, Bonnie! The reason for the difference is that the specific yarn called for in the pattern stretches more than most when blocked. Consequently, I was advised by some with much experience knitting this pattern, to list the dimensions of the individual squares as 11.2”x11.2” unless we were going to knit the blanket using only the yarn called for in the pattern. Does this help? Again, thanks for asking! :blush::heartpulse:

And yes, you are correct, please knit from Miter 1 through section 8; then weave in your yarn ends, block the square, and mail it to me! :blush:

2 Likes

Got it! Thanks for the explanation, Sarah. :bouquet: Can’t wait to cast on!

1 Like

I posted before but maybe I ‘replied’ to someone else rather than to the general thread. Do you need more blocks?

1 Like

Hi there! I’m so sorry for the delay in my reply! Yes, we need one more square, thank you SO much! We’re thrilled to have you on our team! Please just send me a quick email at: sarahinskeepdesigns@gmail.com and I’ll reply with the pattern and my mailing address for you! Thanks again! :smile:

2 Likes

Thanks, just emailed.

1 Like

I’m knitting at work today and just spoke with a client who remembers being a Brownie Scout and knitting (blanket) squares during the Korean War.

7 Likes

You’re so welcome! Can’t wait to see how it turns out! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Wow! That is SO awesome!
And your square looks lovely, by the way! :heart_eyes:

Second miter begun! My yarns are not exactly the same weight, but I think they are playing well together.

4 Likes

They look lovely together, Bonnie! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Last miter begun!

5 Likes

Started mine today!

5 Likes