Team Blanket No. 7: For Parents Surviving a Terrible Loss

Hi Annri,

Welcome to the team! We’re glad to have you on board.

As of this morning, we number 17. Recent additions include Bonnie, Annri, Julie, Rosie, Jodi and Kit. I think we’ll be able to pull together a 20-square blanket, and I’m just delighted! Thank you to everyone who has volunteered.

I believe everyone has the pattern and other info; if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch here, or contact me directly: abgilliland[AT]gmail[DOT]com.

I’ll be picking up my yarn this Saturday and can’t wait to get knitting!

2 Likes

Stash diving for wool … found these beauties…
Now to get knitting.

2 Likes

Love the colour combination Karen.

I don’t go back to work until Monday…
using my MLOA time knitting squares…

5 Likes

Wow!!! Beautiful.

1 Like

Looks great!

Thank you.

Went to visit child #3 at university today… took the train. I finished one square on the train & started a second. I forgot how addicting these squares can be. I’m going to see how many I can get out of the yarn I have. Child #3 thought the squares were amazing, so I may have inadvertently discovered their next gift :flushed: :grinning:

9 Likes

This is heartbreaking. I can’t even imagine the magnitude of grief for this family. I will contribute a square or two. Thank you for organizing.

2 Likes

Thank you so much, @jbass – much appreciated!

Room for one more?
LMK
j.

1 Like

Yes, that would be great! Thank you.

Fabulous! Ill get right on it.
j.

Bonnie - would you please post a photo of the label for that incredible multicolored yarn you are using for the center? Or post yarn name and color name? Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you @VieRadek … Unfortunately the multi-colored yarn doesn’t have a label. I picked it up at the NY Sheep & Wool Festival in 2015. The hand-printed paper I put with it reads…

“Rhinebeck 2015
Wool from many sheep.
Hand-spun by vendor in outdoor tent.”

This was my 1st Rhinebeck & I think I was a bit overwhelmed. The 2 skeins don’t even come close to matching in colour. And I didn’t have a clue what I was going to do with them, I just loved them.

1 Like

I figured those skeins might be hand dyed and spun. They are beautiful! How kind and generous of you to knit them into squares for a blanket. I know the recipient will feel loved and comforted.

2 Likes

Thank you @VieRadek.

When I went stash-diving for the squares… this yarn just screamed “pick me, pick me”… I think it worked out beautifully.

If you would like to work with some… I can send you a bit. I’m getting about 3 squares per skein & haven’t touched the 2nd skein except to ball it up. If you’d like a bit, DM me an address & I’ll divide the 2nd skein & send some to you

Oh that is so sweet of you to offer - but it was just my magpie eye! I have more in my stash than I can possibly knit up!

1 Like

Your stash sounds like mine :joy::joy::joy:

If you have room for another, would love to help. Have Lamb’s Pride worsted available. Thanks.

That offer to help (with the photo of peonies) comes from Nancy
Guess I need to figure out how to change how my name appears…