Technique Number 3: Pinhole Cast On

What a cutie!!! Totally gorgeous. :heart_eyes:

Finally got my Alex stitched together. My brambling scarf took me so long, I didn’t finish until May 13. I wanted to catch up with the projects, and I’ve done some fair isle (and know we have more coming!) so I made Alex solid. It also allowed me to use yarn I already had. I love Alex.

`

9 Likes

I should add that I finished the actual knitting part of Alex on May 31 and am well on my way on the cloche.

1 Like

I LOVE HIM! The yarns are wonderful, and I like his mousey face.
Congratulations on a beautiful finishing job–no small feat.

Finally getting to cast on my Romi Hill hat. The yarn is glowering at me at
this point.

1 Like

How goes the cloche? That lace pattern is so intriguing.

1 Like

I’m a few rows in to the second repeat. I love knitting lace from a chart- your hands just do the stitches without too much thought.
I’m using the same yard I used for Alex. Probably doesn’t show the Lacey pattern that well, but it’s a stash busting project.

1 Like

Thanks! I went for mousy eyes. I just knotted some super bulky black yarn until I liked the size.

1 Like

Alex is absolutely gorgeous!! Congratulations. :heart_eyes:

Thank you! I enjoyed knitting him.

1 Like

having just last week finished my brambling shawl (WHICH I LOVE, bee tee dubs), I screwed up my courage for the pinhole cast on this morning. and whoa, @JenACKnitwear, but have you sold me on this lil nugget. i’ve tried it in the past and gotten so frustrated and cussy about it that i had already worked myself into a frenzy before even finding the end of my yarn to start.

but your video, and really, i think the cool, calm sound of your voice, and the order in which you walked me through the steps were totally manageable. like, i even LIKED IT.

hashtag gamechanger. bless you for that. and this lil mouse is gonna be rilly rilly cute.

2 Likes

I’m so pleased you’re enjoying it so much! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Alex is joining the knit local movement.

4 Likes

Mouseactivist! May I use this for a Year of Techniques post on MDK? Love it.

3 Likes

Sure! My little Alex would be honored.

1 Like