Temperature Project Sharing and Caring

I’m doing the linen stitch to the edges. I’m probably going to do an i-cord along both long edges after it’s done.

What I thought I should have done - after I was cruising along darn it all - was to knit a stockinette stitch facing with a slip stitch and then fold it over afterwards.

Why do those things pop into our heads when they do?

Susan K Schutz
Happy member of the Susan Sisterhood

Michigan
Ravelry ID: MiYarnStalker
Flickr

“Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life, but define yourself.”
Harvey Fierstein

2 Likes

Okay, I’m digging in! Just ordered my Wool of the Andes yarn. I’m going to knit this and auction it off as a benefit for a local environmental organization I co-founded! http://cfrog.org

5 Likes

What a great idea!

3 Likes

My temperature sweater.
:smiling_face:

17 Likes

Looking great!
When I get home from up here at my cabin I’ll get back to my projects. I have two going at the same time.

Susan K Schutz

2 Likes

January is done and I’m onto February. Following the Tempestry design this goes so fast that I knitted the second half of January and caught up through this past weekend of February in less than an hour.

At the same time, I’m creating little plastic bags with the color names, color codes and temperature ranges written on the outside. Maybe organization will help this year. Last year my workspace here was a disaster zone.

6 Likes

Following @nellknits1 pattern for a temperature sweater. A walk in the park after the discipline of a log cabin squares blanket last year.

12 Likes

What is that pattern?

1 Like

I got the idea from the original Tempestry Project website where they used either just garter stitch or the linen stitch. I’m using the linen stitch with one row per day so it won’t be too long to hang on a dowel. I’m going to knit other years as well and have one slowly progressing for 2004 which is the year we built our home.

Using a circular needle is working wonderfully too. I carry more than one color up the sides and just slide from one end of the needle to the other without turning the work unless there are two or more days of the same color.

https://www.tempestryproject.com/

Susan K Schutz

Michigan
Flickr

My Lomo Home

“Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life, but define yourself.”
Harvey Fierstein

2 Likes

Thank you for all the information.

Jeanette

1 Like

You’re so welcome! After knitting two rather large afghans I decided it’s time to shrink the project and spend way less $. In the end I’ll have wall hangings that the dog and husband won’t abuse.

Susan K Schutz

Michigan
Flickr

My Lomo Home

Harvey Fierstein

1 Like

This might be the best temperature blanket I’ve ever seen! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I’m so excited to find a place to geek out about my blanket. I got some super soft malabrigo worsted from local yarn shop and am doing a ribbed lap blanket for mine. I’m in Michigan so getting close to having to replace my 30 degree color…fingers crossed warmer weather arrives soon. My daughter laughed at me when I was excited it stayed in the 20’s yesterday so I could see a row of yellow!

3 Likes

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

• | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - |
    Color/Temp Key | -10 | 0-4 | 5-9 | 10-14 | 15-19 | 20-24 | 25-29 | 30-34 | 35-39 |
    |

|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Yarn Color # | 1001 | 2019 | 1099 | 1019 | 1722 | 1725 | 1062 | 1009 | 1116 |
    |

| 40-44 | 45-49 | 50-54 | 55-59 | 60-64 | 65-69 | 70-74 | 75-79 | 80-84 |
    |

|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Yarn Color # | 2005 | 2011 | 2001 | 1432 | 1080 | 1263 | 2008 | 1256 | 1723 |
    |

| 85-89 | 90-94 | 95-99 | 100-104 |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Yarn Color # | 2006 | 1061 | 1246 | 1035 |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

Here’s my Michigan chart. I’ve been stuck in the darker shades of green and blue with a hint of the light blue. I’m using Scheepjes Colour Crafter DK - gotta save my funds for the sweater yarns.

Susan K Schutz

Michigan
Flickr

My Lomo Home

Harvey Fierstein

Hello hello all you fabulous knitters! I just discovered MDK at about 4 in the morning yesterday. I have since input a year’s worth of temperatures into a spreadsheet, selected a colorway and am anxiously awaiting my yarn so I can create the garter stripe throw for my friend’s 60th (which is fast approaching…c’mon UPS!). I am a very new knitter and super excited to have found this cozy little spot on the web!

Newbie question…is it possible to slip the stitches at the edges with all these color changes? I want my edges to be nice and neat. Thank you!

10 Likes

I’m using the curated shade card and I’m up to date—pink-red band is the current February heat wave in western NC. Ends woven is as I go, no less! This is aberrant behavior for me, this meeting-the-deadline thing.

7 Likes

Yes, deadlines on projects this large can be a problem. That’s why I’m going small now and I’ve avoided KALs and MKALs so far this year. It is only February. Although, I can say we could call these Temperature projects MKALs since it’s a mystery lately when it comes to what Mother Nature has in store for us.

Susan K Schutz

Michigan
Flickr

My Lomo Home

Harvey Fierstein

2 Likes

Yes, you can slip them but I find that when you have color changes that gets a little messy. Practice, practice, practice.

Welcome!

I’ve been knitting since I was 8. I’m slightly older now. Let’s say I’m at the age where all the Medicare companies are filling up my mailbox and my inbox just about every day. :wink: (Just turned 65 in November)

Susan K Schutz

Michigan
Flickr

My Lomo Home

Harvey Fierstein

3 Likes

When I get to the cuff, the stitches will be held and the front will be (provisionally) cast on at the cuff, working in the opposite direction.
Today’s temp stripe will be black, I’m watching tiny snowflakes fall…

11 Likes

I’m LOVING it!

1 Like