Temperature Project Sharing and Caring

Thank you. As hotter weather is finally reaching LA, my blanket is getting more of a deep red mixed in.

Pillsbury appreciates the compliment - she feels the colors looks good on her fur.

2 Likes

Here’s my second hot/cold dots blanket, for Charlotte, NC. Halfway done.

9 Likes

Very, very pretty!

1 Like

Yes! It is amazing!

I’m still somewhere in June on my Tempestry banner for 2023 but did pick up my 2004 project and caught up through August. It occurred to me recently that I don’t need to wait to move forward on all the previous years. LOL

I don’t have a good photo of what it currently looks like. I’ll get to it one of these days.

Susan K Schutz

2 Likes

Through most of August Next stop is another sleeve. Daily high has been in the 80’s (yellow) for forever

8 Likes

Reporting in with 3/4 of the sweater done and 1/4 of the year to go.

9 Likes

That’s looking awesome!

I’m about three months behind on mine but, with 35 sts and one row per day I think I can catch up quickly.

Pretty much all of August and September are the same two shades - one for a range in the mid to high 70s and the other from the mid 70s to 80. Lots of yellow and orange.

Susan K Schutz
Happy member of the Susan Sisterhood

Michigan
Ravelry ID: MiYarnStalker
Flickr

My Lomo Home

2 Likes

So good, you may have a really similar back too, who knows!

Only 7 more entries to knit on Charlotte, NC, hot and cold blanket. One entry every nine days …. Then the work begins with undoing the steek and adding steek sandwiches all around

9 Likes

I’ve been quiet over here because this was just a crazy year! Full of all sorts of ups and downs and twirling arounds and it was exhausting. So, no, I have not finished my temperature projects. And you know what? That’s okay! This time last year I was sprinting to the finish but this year, I am accepting that it will get finished soon and I can live with that. As I’m writing this, it occurs to me that perhaps, I just didn’t want to acknowledge each and every day in real time. I may have simply needed some space.

Of course none of that has stopped me from getting ready for 2024. I’ve got some ideas and I made a promise to myself that I will make a decision today.

How about you? Are you in? And let’s not forget that 2024 has 366 days. I may have already gone down a little rabbit hole to explore what that could mean.

P.S. I’m not looking to start a pity party here. Like all years, it had its highs and lows. This year they were just very extreme!!

3 Likes

I’m still here. I’ve been doing my best to keep updating my spreadsheet tracking my temps. The last time I knitted any days was in June and that week I had knitted three months worth. Since I’m doing strips of 30 stitches and one row it doesn’t take long to catch up. Those ends drive me nuts, though. During the summer there were weeks where every day was the same color so those will be quick.

There will be other years added to my strips. I am choosing years of significance so I also have 2004 which is the year we built our house.

2 Likes

I’m in Feb or March and also not stressing. I want to finish this year before deciding on next but I may try to do crochet.

Happy new year!

3 Likes

Do you crochet often? I have a crochet project going too.

not often at all! When I was younger I preferred it to knitting, want to re-teach myself so I have more options!

I’m hard at work on the Temperature Sweater pattern, checking numbers, juggling images, and fighting with a graph…
But in the meantime, just a reminder that Rowan Felted Tweed is on sale!
Grab your colors now! I used: Temps and Colors

34 Black #211
35-38 Seafarer #170
39-41 Ancient #172
42-44 Granite #191
45-47 Alabaster #197
48-51 Maritime #167
52-55 Celadon #184
56-59 Lotus #205
60-64 Avocado #161
65-68 French Mustard #216
69-72 Sulfur #220
73-76 Mineral #181
77-81 Peach #212
82-85 Zinnia #198
86-89 Scarlet #222
90+ Rage #150

10 Likes

I love this on you so much Nell!

3 Likes

Fabulous Nell! It looks wonderful on you. Happy New Year and thanks for always being a positive and kind presence!

3 Likes

Thank you, and a Happy New Year to you and yours.
:blush:

2 Likes

Done! Goodbye 2023; hello 2024. Happy New Year to everybody!

8 Likes

So I ended 2023 with a positive Covid test which, although it still stinks, is better than starting the year with it! Yesterday and Sunday were lost days but today I’ve started to function again. So far it has been pretty gentle with me but the fatigue is a doozy.

I did manage to order more yarn and choose my pattern for 2024. This morning I made a garter tab and worked the first row (all 10 stitches) of my 2024 Half Pi Temperature Shawl. I’m working it with a four stitch I-cord on the edges to hide the ends. I’ll be doing one row (not ridge) a day to keep it wearable.

Does anyone else run screaming from the words garter tab or is it just me? The halo on the yarn makes it hard to see but I think it just might work. (Insert evil genius laugh here.). We’ll see how it goes. If it’s a failure, I’ll just blame it on Covid a start something new.

I have a few ideas for 366 days in the works which I will post in the next day or two. I can only handle screen time for short bursts right now.

ETA: The crappy picture is also Covid’s fault. And I can’t even tell you what Covid did to that pretty pink thing that’s the background. I’m going to start calling tinking, moonwalking. You think you’re accomplishing something but you’re actually going backwards.

2 Likes