What I'm Making

I was on the wait list at the start. Maybe a last minute chance still?

1 Like

Hopefully next year!

2 Likes

Gorgeous! I canā€™t wait to see it in person!

2 Likes

Thank you so much!!!

1 Like

Finally! After 18 months, I finished my loop rug! I love it. Hind sight is really a thing. It took so long because it would just wear me out to knit it. When I picked it back up after about a year rest I realized I used size 19 needles (not 35 like the pattern said). I can see where I stopped and picked it back up, my guage changed, but I still love it! Thank you for the pattern!

8 Likes

Finally finished my Kaffe Fassett kite blanket. Decided to add a backing to it and used some of the buttons from my grandmotherā€™s button box to keep the back attached to the knitted front.

22 Likes

Thatā€™s fab! And I love the buttons.

1 Like

I love this so much! Beautiful work.

2 Likes

Iā€™m making Trinket Mittens. I made a pair for myself with the leftover yarn from my Daytripper Cardigan. I like them so much that I am on a quest to make a pair for my friends and family as Christmas presents.

9 Likes

Iā€™m your friend, right??? :yum:

6 Likes

I was in desperate need of a mindless knit to offset a cable heavy sweater and my temp blanket that Iā€™m caught up on, so of course I was thrilled to hear about the dishalong! So thrilled I couldnā€™t wait.

Two down, untold numbers to come!

9 Likes

Christmas in July. All done for now. Still need to knit a pair using acrylic for my sister allergic to wool.

10 Likes

I am knitting a baby sweater, the French Macaron pattern. It will be going to a baby in Canada. I am making it in red and white like the Canadian flag, with three red maple leaf buttons across the bottom of the white yoke as embellishment.

In the past Iā€™ve used Cascade Ultra Pima (dk) but I couldnā€™t find a red I liked so I got Blue Sky Sweater (worsted) instead. Because of the yarn substitution I actually swatched (!) using a size 7 needle and found that if I used the pattern for a newborn size it would come out to be a 3 month size, which is what I want it to be.

All well and good. I finished the front. I went to get a couple size 7 small circs to put the shoulder stitches on. Looking in my needle case I discovered that when I put the ā€œsize 7ā€ needles on a 24" cord to swatch and then knit, I had put on one size 7 and one size 6! :see_no_evil:

The measurements of the front panel are just about what theyā€™re supposed to be so I am going to carry on with my mismatched needles. :rofl:

7 Likes

Adorable! What a cutie!

1 Like

Thanks! I bet you are referring to the baby girl in pink. Thatā€™s my nieceā€™s baby, Lily June.

The red and white one I am doing is really cute! Iā€™ll post a pic when Iā€™m done.

1 Like

I recommend Melissa Leapman, she is a knitware designer with over 1,200 patterns published. She has a couple of books on cables and has online classes and on Craftsy on knitting without a cable needle. Iā€™ve taken the class and have a couple of her books, although in the end Iā€™m not super good at this and feel more comfortable with something to hold the cables. I have a DPN and this is what I use for most things to hold the yarn. The sweater looks amazing

I think Iā€™m a process knitter, I have a number (10, 15ā€¦) projects on the needles, all nicely out of sight so visitors donā€™t think Iā€™m a knitting obsessed ā€œgrannieā€. I really wish I could just finish some things, not to mention stop buying luscious, squishy yarn online or in personā€¦ā€¦at this stage Iā€™m pretty sure I could start my own LYS :slight_smile: I do try to purge once or twice a year, which just resulted in my donating or disposing of the 1st projects I started 4+ years ago. I also live in San Diego, home of the perfect 72 degree weather year-round, so no need for knits in general.

2 Likes

This will be for a Canadian baby boy who is due right before Christmas. The yarn is Blue Sky Fiber, wool and cotton blend, superwash worsted weight.

I finished the sweater and soaked it to block it. The red bled into the white like crazy. I called BSF and the woman was sort of like, oh well - red bleeds, now you know. You should have known better is really what she was saying. Then she followed it up with a very flippant email. :rage:

I spoke with the owner of The Loopy Ewe in Ft Collins Colorado where I bought the yarn. She was, right off the bat, willing to refund me. What I ended up doing was buying another skein of white and she refunded the cost of one skein.

I frogged the yoke and reknit it in white. I soaked the remainder of the red yarn with color catchers so I would have red to finish the last two rows on the front and back. It took four or five water changes with new color catchers until it was no longer bleeding.

I also knit a pixie hat for the baby in white last night.

I wonā€™t buy BSF yarn again, but I will keep shopping at The Loopy Ewe!

8 Likes

Oh, and I donā€™t knit the button tab and button hole that the French Macaron pattern calls for. Too fiddly for me. I either skip the whole button thing completely since itā€™s a boat neck, or in the case of the red and white sweater I knit it with a V opening and used red ribbon to make a loop for the button.

2 Likes

6 Likes