Giftalong 2019: TEAM KAFFE

It’s official friends! The fourth team for the MDK holiday Giftalong is Team Kaffe! We’ll be knitting patterns from brand-new MDK Field Guide No. 13: Master Class, by this guy:

Kaffe Fassett!

Our mascot? This semi-good girl:

Olive!

Thanks, everyone, for the warm welcome for this Field Guide. We are beyond thrilled to be knitting Kaffe with you. What are you going to cast on first? The cowl? A cushion or three? Or the big dog: the Garter Stripe Shawl?

Olive will have more (much more) to say in the days to come. And also: we have extra special Team Kaffe Prizes, which will include one of the projects in the book knitted by me, plus a small selection of Kaffe’s print fabrics from my well-aged fabric hoard.

Our Instagram hashtag is #MDKTeamKaffe. Share share share! We have to catch up with the other Giftalong teams!

8 Likes

Have ordered some yarn! For a Kaffe cowl. Maybe some other things too. I too am a hoarder of all things Kaffe.

3 Likes

My first cowl will probably have to have openings for two front paws…

12 Likes

My beautiful guide arrived today, hooray!
I’m just now casting on arm warmers in the Coin pattern with vintage FT.
(40 stitches at the noted gauge)

8 Likes

I’m in. In the spirit of full transparency I’m terrified. I’ve looked at Kaffe’s work with such awe for so long.

7 Likes

Coin is the best pattern. THERE IS NO PATTERN BUT COIN.

I’m not serious but I sort of am. I just love it. It makes me feel all Orla-ish.

5 Likes

Start with either one of the solid stripes, or something super rhythmic like the Coin stranded stripe pattern. It’s serene and majestic and you will love it.

2 Likes

You can almost tell that the old colors are the old colors. I’m super jell of all the certified pre-owned Felted Tweed of old that people seem to have. I always knitted mine up! There was this Robin’s Egg blue, similar to Trance (the Kid Silk Haze shade), that I just adored. I got a Kim Hargreaves sweater kit in it, with a matching wide satin ribbon for the ties.

6 Likes

You will have a blast. Seriously.

2 Likes

I’m super excited for all of us!

2 Likes

After ordering a set of dusty colors, I think I’ve decided I’ll knit one of my kids cushion covers to match his felted tweed afghan – the afghan is 12 years old, but hey, it’s an heirloom! So the new colors are mine, for a cowl?

8 Likes

I actually have a stash of felted tweed - I’m so excited about this. I’m unravelling a mitten I started a while ago and don’t love, and will begin planning my Kaffe knit. Off to have a cup of tea and look through my newly downloaded field guide…

5 Likes

Have I mentioned that I have a little crush on him. Every time Kaffe Fasset smiles an angel gets its wings.

9 Likes

I ordered my yarn yesterday and I cannot wait until it arrives. In the meantime I am pouring over the field guide.

5 Likes

I am waiting anxiously for my Field Guide and yarn to arrive. This will be difficult…aren’t we supposed to be knitting gifts for others? I fear once my yummy set of Brights arrives, I may discover I need a present myself…

6 Likes

I’m all for self-gifting. I don’t believe the KAL has a rule against that either!

5 Likes

I couldn’t resist casting on for a cushion cover (or as we say in the informal PNW, sofa pillow). Trying out Ombre stripe #2. The instagram hashtag is misleading – posting here because I think it’s going off to the kid who has the felted tweed afghan as part of Christmas.

8 Likes

Dag’nabbit, so many colors, too many choices, my mind is going beyond it’s capacity to explore and be creative.
I have always loved K.F. designs, but only now have been enticed to follow him and this booklet makes me so . . . what is the word, excited is too mild. Stirred, not shaken?
Can’t wait for my yarn + patterns to arrive! (I ordered them within an hour of reading about it on MDK.)

4 Likes

I’m obsessed with the Coins cowl. :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

What is it about Coiins? The test knitters were all drawn to it and so am I. COINS IS WHAT’S HAPPENING NOW.

4 Likes