Beginning the Kites Throw from Painterly

i used ziploc baggies and put my yarn bobbin in the bag for each color. the bags are slippery.

2 Likes

I ended up having too much trouble with the tangle…it was taking too long and a lot of the wool was breaking…I decided to use the baggies as was suggested and it is so much easier. Good luck!

So each length of yarn is in a separate ziploc bag? And they just sit/hand there nicely? This could be a game changer!!!

I started out with about 3 or 4 colours of wool per bag but when I start the first row of the next set of triangles I am going to measure out more yarn so I can complete the whole triangle. At this point I will probably just have two colours per bag. Yes the bags do hang nicely and since I have 2 cats who love to try and eat the wool it provides a perfect solution for that as well…
Kath

1 Like

Thank you so much. I’m going to have to try this.

I hope you find it easier…

I put each color triangle in its own separate bag. Of course I reuse the bags for the next rows.

I have 4 more rows to do before I start my next set of triangles and then can do the same thing…one bag per colour.

my progress as of april 21, 2021 :blush:

8 Likes

Wow - that is lovely! I completed mine, blocked it but have yet yo fo anything with all the ends. I’ll get motivated someday! I should post a pictture - uou’ve inspired me!

Sandy

Thanks. Yes. Please do post a picture of yours. I was weaving in ends tonight.

MY progress May 21, 2021

5 Likes

Wow…you have done a great job …very impressive.

THANK YOU SO MUCH KATHSOULSBY.
As soon as I finish the KITES THROW, I will be starting the KIKI MARIKO RUG
What are YOU working on?

I am still working on my Kites throw but unfortunately it is slow going as I have 3 other projects on the go. Once they are complete I will work full time on the throw and will make more progress.

Your ‘Kites’ is beautiful!

Sandy

Thanks! I would like to see a picture of your KITES THROW

Okay once I am done or maybe halfway finished I will post a picture…
Thanks.
Kath

Finally (!!!) reporting back more than six months later with my finished throw - just bound off the final edge and sewed in the last two ends less than an hour ago. And what timing, because it’s 95F outside and no one wants anything to do with blankets :slight_smile:.

This is by far the most ambitious project I’ve undertaken in the 2 and a half years since I first learned to knit, and I’m very pleased with the result. It’s now well-traveled and happily stuffed with Pacific Northwest love along its journey from kit to FO.

Kay and Ann, thanks for the encouraging words when launching the Painterly guide - your you-too-can-knit-intarsia attitude gave me the guts to tackle this. Here’s to many cozy evenings in its company, though I’ll wait for it to cool off first.

11 Likes

Congratulations! It’s just beautiful!

Sandy

1 Like