Kites throw kit

I cast on and started a few rows of the Kite’s Throw and due to how difficult the intarsia has been for me (and trying to manage the tangle) I have decided I will not finish it. If anyone wants the (opened and cast on, pattern NOT included) kit, I will send it to you for $50 for shipping and insurance. I hate to give up on this project, but I would rather send it on to someone who can finish it. Please let me know if interested.

1 Like

Which color do you have, the light or the bright? And before you answer are you sure you don’t want to make a color explosion with it?

Hi. It is the light colors kit (grey, soft blues, peaches, and purples. I am asking $50 to cover the shipping and insurance. Please let me know if you are interested.

Thank you.

2 Likes

I’m sorry that this was not the project for you.
Sometimes it’s good to cut, and run to something satisfying.

To much happier knitting, Nell

1 Like

Thank you. I might be. I’ll go look at the colors on the website. Thank you.

Oh man. So pretty. Totally don’t need it but t love those colors. If you send me your email, I can send a message to figure out payment but please be sure you think this is enough.

Good morning. It is really beautiful, I wish I could do the intarsia.

Do you have a PayPal account? Could you please pay me on PayPal? If not, Venmo is OK too.

Let me know if that works for you and send me your name and address and I will ship the kit on Saturday morning.

Thanks!

I do have PayPal (not Venmo). What is your PayPal email.

Hello,
Is the kites kit still for sale? I would love to buy it if it is available.
Thank you,
ginnies

What a lovely and generous offer. A great example of making lemonade out of lemons.

1 Like

So sorry for the delayed response. It is already gone, but thank you so much for asking.
M

1 Like

Thank you and happy knitting!

1 Like

So sorry you found the intarsia too challenging. I had the same problem with my first stranded colorwork patterns. Then I took a Stash busting class with Sally Melville. Sally knits sections of intarsia with small manageable lengths of yarn. That are way as you knit you don’t have multiple balls of yarn hanging around. You can accomplish the same thing by winding small bobbins of your yarns. Since the are free to move you can easily keep them untangled.

My other suggestion is to add the yarn to your stash. You might find something else to knit where those colors can be used.

Hope you will give this some thought for the future. I always tell my students learning to knit is a life long practice.
Blessings, Nancy

2 Likes

So, I ran into the same issue with the kites pattern. There are 26 different colors (balls or strings) in each row of the 206 stitches. I calculated 8.75 yards for each triangle and then tried to use various ways to hold that many bobbles of yarn along the circular needles - rubber bands, intarsia plastic tabs with yarn wound around… and gave up after 2 inches. Ashame. This kit is 21 balls of Rown felted tweed with 16 different colors. The 24 triangles in each row make it difficult to do - most intarsia does not have that many different colors in the same row. I though about using a smaller length of yarn and spit-fusing the pieces together but that is not a lot of joining. This beautiful yarn will go to my stash - regrettably.

1 Like

2 Likes

I used Vamp for the shawl ball and 2 minikins of Valentine, 2 minikins of Blue Velvet. I’d never used Freia yarn before and jjust loved it! And nothing ran after i washed it. Thanks for the help on that!

2 Likes

Great. She makes beautiful yarn!