Giftalong: PPP (PICTURES OF PILES OF PRESENTS)

Thanks! Yes, the Jasper Hat & Cowl is the thing that looks like it has interwoven rectangles. Free on Ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/jasper-hat-and-cowl

Coincidentally designed by a friend of mine. I worked my gift one in a dark green and light grey, but it’s hard to see by the dim light of my dining room fixture.

1 Like

I’m glad you got a picture of the whole gang o’ giftbags…so very festive! :slight_smile:

Thankyou - Luckily I have a good friend who teaches young primary school kids - she organised a present compiling production line and came up with the idea of tying a bit of the matching dishcloth yarn to the top of each bag.

4 Likes

Here we go. 5 bluebirds of happiness, 4 cowls (1 not shown), 3 pairs of socks (1 bulky, 1 sock yarn), 2 hats, 2 pairs of mitts. Whew!

7 Likes

Phew! One still on the needles.

11 Likes

What a great collection! Well done you!

1 Like

This is where I’m at now with my pile of mittens. I’d like to say that it was complete, but once I get stuck in a groove, I have to wait for it to wear off…

9 Likes

Lovely pile!!! Those blues are gorgeous. <3

Thank you! I had fun thinking of variations!

My pile included squad mitts, cabled hat, one peacealong cowl, one christmas stocking ( I

did the first one last year) baby dolls with crocheted wigs, and one wee bird i made with my hand spun. now I am exhausted.
Today I just sat in my spot and wound up balls of yarn for the next project

4 Likes

Your teacher gifts are beautiful! It makes me feel good just to see the picture. Thanks for sharing it with us.

2 Likes

I love winding balls by hand as well!

1 Like

Followup: Happy to report two more items were finished by gift-giving time.

Last bloody pair of socks on the needles but they Will. Be. Finished. before 2017!

2 Likes

I made all my family members Christmas themed pillowcases this year.

I can’t figure out how to add pictures!!! I hope it’s okay to add a link to my blog post that has some: https://merrykarma.blogspot.com/2016/12/merry-christmas-2016.html

3 Likes

Why “never again” for that cowl? It looks beautiful and cozy.

Lace weight yarn and I don’t get along. Feels like knitting with dental floss to me - not very fun. I think the skinniest I like for knitting garments is sport weight (will go down to fingering weight for socks).

1 Like

I have tried to find that Blue Bird pattern but can’t. Do you mind telling me where to find it? Thank you!!