Honeycomb Scarf

Hi all - for the honeycomb scarf with the minikins kit - I’m using the shawl ball for A, the minikins for B - do I still switch A and B after 19" or after each minikin or not at all?

I’m using the winter kit.

Thanks

Hi. I’ve just started on my second minikin…asked myself the same question you asked, and decided the answer is:
Yes. Switch those As and Bs. Oh, and instead of having to measure the 19 inches, just use a full minikin for each section.

1 Like

Awesome - thanks - I am almost at the end of the first one too (at least I think I am, it does seem to go longer and longer than you think)

1 Like

Yes, they seem to go on longer than expected. I was just going to finish that first mini, then put it down and work on my sweater for a couple of days, but it took a day more than I thought. It’s a fun knit, though. I do like watching the colors change.

1 Like

I decided not to switch A and B since i like the gradual change and not the color block effect. I have nautialus as my shawl ball and I’m using minikins from the picket fence kit and the neutrals kit. I wanted them to blend so I’m picking and choosing as i go. I still get the color change effect its just more gradual. Also i like the backside better than the front side

9 Likes

it looks fab - I love the back side too

I just got to my first color change today (pre breakfast knitting to get to it) and I switched A and B

7 Likes

I am using a rainbow set of mini skeins with black. I did not switch because I wanted it reversible.

6 Likes

I finished the minikin and then switched.

2 Likes

I just got started on my Honeycomb Scarf. I am using Freia shawl balls in colors Pt. Reyes and Oyster. Even with a few rows completed I am loving this knit and the pattern!

6 Likes

Current progress on my honeycomb scarf I love this pattern and watching the color changes!

1 Like