Love Songs, Nothing But Love Songs

Check out Straight No Chaser a cappella versions of When I fall in Love, and Chile Con Carne.

Wow!!! Y’all really understood the assignment. This is amazing!!! There were only two I couldn’t find but found something else great from the same artist! Here’s the link to the playlist as it is right now.

Keep 'em coming!!

P.S. My team at work today had a field day with this!

4 Likes

Great playlist! May I share this link with my soon to be daughter-in-law?

1 Like

How fun! Both my kids got married during the pandemic. Two small outdoor weddings (30 people, 9 people) and one reception a year later for one of them (100 people). All wonderful!

My daughter and her bridesmaids danced to I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles) by the Proclaimers at her reception - a not so romantic love song. The sight of these young women, in their late twenties, professionals with advanced degrees, doing a silly dance for the groom out of love for my daughter was a highlight of the wedding!

And for her dance with her dad and I (she danced with each of us in turn), we danced to Elton John’s Your Song.

I also love I Need You by Jon Baptiste - so fun!

3 Likes

Of course!! Feel free to share at will.

2 Likes

I finally listened to the entire play list yesterday and WOW! Such a great blend of genres and decades. At almost 4 hours I am sure you don’t need any more songs, but my mind keeps saying that rock was a bit underrepresented, so what about I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing by Aerosmith? Again, truly blown away by your playlist. It is going to see a lot of playtime from me. Brought back some artists and songs I had all but forgotten (hello Starship and Lonestar) and reintroduced me to songs I knew I liked but didn’t know the artist (Brian McKnight), so thanks for that! (BTW, 12th of Never took me waaaaay back. All the way to the cover Donny Osmond did. And yes, I was a fan. :blush:)

5 Likes

I’m so glad you like it! I really do too. It’s amazing what happens when you ask a group of strangers to talk about love. My 82 year old mom picked out 12th of Never and my 91 year old dad picked Roses of Piccardy. They both wanted Indian Love Call but I drew the line at the Slim Whitman version.

4 Likes

12th of Never!

I’m late to the party, but ‘Til There Was You’ from the Music Man. Not the Beatles version, it’s one of the few covers they did that I thought was unsuccessful. And keeping with musicals ‘Ask me How Do I Feel’ from Guys and Dolls.
The couple look so happy in their photo! Congratulations to them both!!

1 Like

These are all great songs. The shower is Saturday but this will stay open (as with all things MDK) and I’ll keep adding to the playlist. I did edit a few. There were a few that were breakup songs and one about lost love so I set them aside for now. I was also given one song by a guy on my elevator that was absolutely filthy. Now I’m not a prude (far from it) but I know my audience. If I included it, my sister would have gotten so mad she would have slapped Chris Rock.

5 Likes

I’m very late to this party, but one of my all time favs is The First Day of My Life by Bright Eyes…my 2nd husband and I were married in 2013, and put together a play list to play at our wedding party…and that song is one we consider to be “our song”…Congrats to your niece!

3 Likes

I’m so happy you’re still open cause I just want to add one more. Someone Like You by Van Morrison. Have a wonderful shower and day. :hugs::hugs::heart::heart: to everyone

1 Like

Great one! It’s been added.

Oh I’m so glad. That’s what it’s important. That it’s included. I’m going to take the time this afternoon to listen to the entire list. And what a cute name, Bratty Niece. But I’m betting that she’s not bratty in the least. This has been so lovely and great fun with the group and Love Songs, Nothing but Love Songs.

2 Likes

Hah! I forgot I named it that. Bratty Grl has been my pet name for her since she was about 10. She was at work with me and, in the lobby, I introduced her to one of my co-workers and said “This is Susie. She’s a bratty girl.” He child-talked at her with “Ohhhhhh, you’re not a bratty girl” to which she nodded and solemnly said, “Yeah, I am.” The rest was history. As it was the era of Avril Lavigne, the Grl spelling was cool.

This was the same day that, on the way home, I got pulled over on the side of 8th Avenue at 30th Street during rush hour for talking on the cell phone in the car (Guilty!). I tried to explain to the cop that I just picked it up to tell my mother that we were on the way home because if I didn’t she would just assume we were dead (truth) which he was not having. All of sudden her cell phone went off with some crazy 10 year old ring tone and she flipped her wig because “IT’S GRANNY! WHAT DO I SAY”, so I said “Excuse me” to the cop and told her, through clenched teeth that she should tell Granny anything but the fact what we were pulled over. Johnny Law surrendered and sent us on our way.

Turns out, she staged the whole thing. There was no call. Granny wasn’t on the phone. She was (quite successfully) trying to get me out of the ticket. She’s brilliant!

4 Likes

What a GREAT story. She must have been very precocious and definitely brilliant. So funny. I’m still smiling and chuckling. The streets…we’re you living in Manhattan. That’s probably too personal and I shouldn’t ask. Please disregard. My social media experience is almost nonexistent. I only joined Facebook during the pandemic. A friend explained to me that I needed to be more cautious because everything could be right out there. So mea culpa, mea culpa. Have a beautiful day and wedding shower.

2 Likes

Gael it’s fine. It’s very easy to find where, I live, work, cell. Etc. online so I don’t get crazy but I appreciate when people are cautious. I love in Yonkers which borders NYC on the north so I worked in Manhattan for many years. There are a lot of people who think Yonkers is part of NYC but we are our own city. In fact we sold NYC a big chunk of the Bronx! It’s a pride thing in the Y.O.

1 Like

Cool. I worked and lived in Manhattan in the early 70’s so the street references just triggered some fun memories . Originally a Jersey girl so growing up living and working in NYC was always a dream. We relocated to the Philly burbs in the 80’s and the people have always been lovely but even after all these years still miss the edginess of Jersey and New York and of course the ocean. Sometimes think sand must be encoded in my DNA.In the midst of packing and headed back for another spell of urban living. Joining my son and his family who prefer city living. But I have a young granddaughter so wouldn’t be surprised if we eventually end up back out here once more. After my NYC stint in advertising my working life has been spent in bookstores and libraries which may, at least in part account for my social media avoidance. Have only recently discovered MDK. In truth I’m a crocheter not a knitter. Tried knitting as a teen but it just didn’t take. But always interested in anything with yarn and colors and shapes. In fact ordered the Blanket of Joy Kit doing it my way but following their color sequence. Having a wonderful time with it. And I have followed Erika Knight previously. Again colors and shapes. Also greatly enjoy the blog with it’s reviews and personal notes. And one last bit of truth telling-yours is the first request like this that I have ever responded to. But Music and Love-as with the Blanket of Joy-totally irresistible!

5 Likes

Posting from my phone because the shower is tomorrow and I’m running around today. I was up before dawn, got some knitting done, and then spent two hours assembling these.

We made the bride a friends and family cookbook and made copies for the party favors. If you’re interested I will have a digital version ready to send next week.

7 Likes

What a great idea!!!