Love Songs, Nothing But Love Songs

I need your help! My niece’s wedding shower is coming up on April 2 and I am putting together a playlist for the party. Normally, I would just throw this out on my everyday social media but unfortunately, we are connected on all of the platforms and I really don’t want her to see this ahead of time.

So, in the spirit of romance, will you share your favorite love song? Their are no other rules. Any genre, era, artist, etc. is fair game.

Tiny little back story, they were supposed to get married on July 3, 2020. Everything was done and ready (she said yes to the dress) and then the pandemic hit. The considered moving it to October but it quickly became clear that it wasn’t worth bothering to set a date and they moved it to July 2, 2021. When it was time to say “go” on that, the numbers were really high and the mandates, rightly, very tight. They realized that what they were really pushing forward was the celebration and that could happen any time so they changed the date to May 13, 2022 and got married at city hall on May 12, 2021. We did our best to make it nice. She found a dress online for all of $17, I have a friend who is an amazing florist, and we were able to have a small dinner out with both families.

Through all of this, there was never a tear or complaint. The most important thing was that they love each other and that the people they love were safe. So I want to make sure they are surrounded by love from across the universe and I hope you’ll help.

ETA: You are not limited to one song. Add as many as you would like. And I will share the spotify link when we’re done.

4 Likes

WOW! That is such a tough question. What immediately popped into my head as I was reading was “You’re the One That I Want.” Probably because it is so upbeat and I knew some of the back story on this thanks to your Temp Blanket posts. The second song to pop into my head was “Something to Talk About” by Bonnie Raitt. Different vibe, but still. (If anyone out there has seen Sweet Magnolias on Netflix you know what I’m talking about.) I am sure this question will be stewing about in my subconscious all day, so pretty sure I’ll be back. And kudos to the happy couple for taking the high road and remembering that it isn’t just about them, Only mostly about them :heavy_heart_exclamation: (Love, love, LOVE the wreath of flowers she is wearing.)

3 Likes

Karen, this will be a fun one to watch. I’m going non-traditional–Ain’t no sunshine, Bill Withers

6 Likes

“I Won’t Give Up” by Jason Mraz - it was my first dance song at my wedding 10 years ago, and speaks to getting through tough times together!

4 Likes

I threw this out in my family chat. Here’s what I have so far: It’s Your Love, Tim McGraw; Book of Love, Peter Gabriel; Everything I Do (I Do It For You), Bryan Adams; Shut Up and Dance, Walk the Moon; I’m A Believer, Smash Mouth. Plus a link from a son-in-law that I’m going to email to you.

2 Likes

You are just so lovely! This was so nice of you. I am adding them all to the playlist right now.

2 Likes

I Got You, Babe.

5 Likes

Ray LaMontange - you are the best thing
Chris Stapleton- more of you
Lanco- greatest love story

A little on the mellower side but great lyrics. Man. Going to listen right now :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

If I Should Fall Behind by Bruce Springsteen. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
My son is getting married this fall and I’m hoping the mother/son dance song will be “The Wish” also by Springsteen. Can you tell that I’m a fan. :wink:

4 Likes

Our family has used Gordon Lightfoot’s song “Beautiful” for several wedding playlists. It is Lightfoot’s favorite song he wrote as he believes it is timeless~ as a side note.
The First Time ever I saw your face-
I’m sure i will think of more as the day goes by…
Lovely idea!

2 Likes

My favs: All the Way-Frank Sinatra’s version and Grow Old with Me-Sunny Sweeney’s version. What a lovely idea you have there!

3 Likes

Unchained Melody-Righteous Bros💖

3 Likes

The Wedding Song by Paul Stookey.

1 Like

I had that song sung at my first wedding - note: first wedding. Guess that didn’t work so well, eh?

My singer was awesome, though, and is the sister of my youngest sister’s best friend.

Susan K Schutz

What a wonderful couple, and what a lovely aunt they have in you. Who could resist “Love Songs, Nothing But Love Songs.” Love Wins. Almost impossible to choose cause isn’t love what it’s all about, but thank you so much for the wide parameters. Anyway, here goes. It Had To Be You-Harry Connick Jr. Can’t Help Falling in Love-Elvis. Never been an Elvis fan, but this one just always gets to me. And the classy, classic At Last-Etta James. Thank you for sharing this with us. It’s just been tons of fun revisiting favorites and memories.

2 Likes

PS. Good luck with everything. I’m sure it will all be wonderful.

1 Like

They look really happy together.

1 Like

John Legend All of Me, Adele Make you Feel My Love, Ed Sheeran Thinking Out Loud
The Lumineers Ho Hey, Colbie Callait Bubbly, Justin Timberlake Can’t Stop The Feeling,
Drake Hotline Bling, Katy Perry Teenage Dream, Rihanna We Found Love
Christina Perri A Thousand Years, Bruno Mars Just The Way You Are, Etta James At Last, Alicia Keys No One Florence + The Machine You’ve Got the Love
Need more, let me know :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Anxiously awaiting the Spotify playlist!!!

5 Likes

There are a lot of songs I am not familiar with on the Spotify playlist “Timeless Love Songs.” As well as many that have been mentioned here.

2 Likes