Shakerag Skirt Knitalong

I have wanted to make this skirt for ages! So excited when i learned MDK was doing a KAL. I just bought my pattern and ordered my yarn!

5 Likes

Ordered my yarn, bought the pattern, registered for Monday’s zoom and joined the lounge — here we go!

5 Likes

I can’t believe I cast on for this skirt a couple of weeks ago. I’m using a cotton/linen yarn from my stash so it may not turn out as beautiful as some of the beautiful skirts people have made, but I’m excited to be making it! Looking forward to being in this knitalong.

7 Likes

This will be beautiful in lots of yarns!!!

1 Like

I’ve never knit a skirt but I’m going to give this one a go. Yarn and pattern purchased. Getting ready to swatch. Wondering about size. I have a large waist and narrow hips.

2 Likes

Hooray and welcome!
Go by the largest (usually the hip) measurement and I can help you with adjustments to the decreases, for shaping that matches you. : )

1 Like

Thank you so much! I’m size 3 waist and size 1 hip.

1 Like

Size by

1. a skirt you have and like (measurements)
  2. the skirt is a pull on or step in and thus must fit your hips or waist (which ever is the larger measurement.
    If your waist is smaller the elastic will tighten it up. If your waist is larger, the skirt will be slightly wider but shouldn’t really affect the look, it’s pretty forgiving.
2 Likes

That makes sense. From today’s zoom I concluded to go with the hip measurement and just make fewer waist decreases. I’ll contact you when I get to that point to figure out how to make the adjustment. Thanks!

2 Likes

Here’s mine in pumpkin, to which I committed after seeing all those skirts lined up in person last summer. Short-person adjustments meant mine only took three skeins…

11 Likes

Looks great on you.

I love the color you chose and it does look great on you!

1 Like

I love this in pumpkin! It look fabulous on you!

1 Like

On my way — team Apple. I am enjoying the rhythm of the lace pattern.

8 Likes

Casting on today! Team Stormy. Swatching determined a US 6 needle for gauge.

5 Likes

@nellknits I have a question about the decreasing. It says:

and I’m understanding this to mean decrease every 4th round until I have 192 stitches. Is that correct? I’m doing size 48 and the longer version of the skirt. Thanks much!

2 Likes

The first 3 rounds of decrease are each 10th round. Then the 9th, then the 8th, and so on.

2 Likes

Oh wow…thank you! I guess I’ll need to rip back…I was doing the decrease every 4th round.

1 Like

Team Oasis! Wait, do i have a team? :laughing: I just finished the lace hem. I love everything about this!

8 Likes

I think we are at the same place! I loved the lace session. How helpful my little rings were very 11 sts. I really like that ocean color — may need two skirts.

7 Likes