Shakerag Skirt Knitalong

Yes, we are indeed! I love the apple color but decided this blue-green would go better with my wardrobe. That being said, i will definitely be making another in the future!

I am looking forward to seeing your progress!

6 Likes

I LOVE that color!!! I may have to make a second one! I’m team Stormy!!!

4 Likes

I am now back on track doing the decreases CORRECTLY this time, after ripping back ONLY 17 rows of 300+ stitches! I had to keep telling myself - “it’s all part of the process” I just took my time and before I knew it I was back to actual knitting instead of frogging! I wanted it to be RIGHT!!! Now, I’m almost done with the decreases! I love this skirt!!! Can’t wait to wear it!

8 Likes

I’m at about 10” of overall depth now. Loved the lace! I’m making adjustments in the decrease intervals for a slightly straighter and longer skirt.

7 Likes

I would like your opinion. What are the benefits of adding the short rows near the waist? I did do the first set of short rows, but am unsure if I should do the 2nd set. What is everyone else doing? Pros? Cons? Thanks much!

1 Like

This may be a slightly indelicate conversation but it’s simply all about your bum. For example, my family traces its routes all the way back to the clan O’Flatass. This is not to say our bums are small and/or narrow. They can easily be large and wide. But flat is a constant. And flat means no short rows.

But if your butt has the ability to actually cast its own shadow and the potential to actually lift the back of your skirt up a bit up, you might want to add some short rows so the hem stays even.

6 Likes

I would use the short rows at the waist if you have a high bottom, and the ones at the hem for a wide bottom.
I wrote this before reading the reply from @kjt1211 - who has the best answer!!

6 Likes

Thank you and to @nellknits for this information! I chose to do the short rows at the hem and not at the waist, but I finished the skirt this weekend and I’m loving how it fits!!! Just need to get the elastic in and I’ll be wearing it! Going on a trip to Charlotte NC this weekend, so it will be perfect! Thank you again!

3 Likes

Stormy was already sold out when i was buying my yarn. I am super happy wit Oasis but Stormy seems like such a fantastic color!

3 Likes

I was outed on the video but I’m going on record to note that my elastic has been held together with safety pins since before last year’s Shakerag retreat and is likely to stay that way for a long long while!

3 Likes

And it’s DONE!!! I love it!

11 Likes

It looks great!

4 Likes

Thank you Karen! I love it so much!

2 Likes

Woo hoo! You look amazing
:blue_heart:

4 Likes

These are inspiring! I’m late to the game as usual but finished my swatch last night, ready to cut and block tonight. Team Stormy, figure it’s a perfect project for 36 hours of plane travel next month. Has anybody washed creative linen that gets nice and dusty from being out in the wilds?

2 Likes

Beautiful job! Looks great on you. Like the top with it, very much.

2 Likes

I wash and dry my skirt in the machine with no issues.

2 Likes

Thanks. I will be in a pretty rustic setting in Botswana for 12 days and it’s not so easy to figure out what’s light enough weight to work on and will wash at the end. Your work always looks so nice!

1 Like

Oh, thank you so much. I will say this is not the lightest yarn, but for me in the heat it would be fine to work with, and it would definitely be washable at least!!!

My skirt has been finished for a bit now but finally had a chance to get a picture. I love everything about this skirt!

8 Likes