Yarn organization question

I have on of those small vinyl label makers, you just type it in, spend 20 minutes trying to pull of the backing, and then stick where needed.

6 Likes

Brilliant! Where do you get those cubes? What is the name please?

2 Likes

I ordered them from walmart.com
They’re from COSTWAY. There’s a screenshot of the product up in the posts!

1 Like

Thanks for all the great tips about yarn organization. Now, could someone please send me the get-up-and-go to use them?

2 Likes

Haha I agree!

First time I “organized “ I put yarns. according to weight. .I.e.sock, fingering, bulky ,etc.

Found that frustrating. Second time I organized in color. I am now considering doubling the bins and sort by color and weight. I like the suggestions for keeping records with notebooks and page protectors along with picture of items knit

I use 2 double pointed needles to do most of my knitting. I prefer this over magic loop when knitting circular. Using the double tapes available I keep my needles in a closet sorted by size. This has saved me time getting the needles needed. This has led to purchasing needles that go from interchangeable or fixed.

I am retired, 85 yrs old, married empty nester so have more closet space than needed. Never dreamed I would have more space needed,

Jean

7 Likes