About the Advice, Please category

Thanks for explaining this. I knit that extra stitch at the very end of the row just by chance, but I made some other counting error while being on a zoom call.

Hi, I am stuck on picking up the stitches for the Daytripper button band. I really cannot work out what I should be doing. I have stitched up the lines to show the edge of the steek, but am stumped as to what to do next. I have spent several hours trying to do it, please help!!! Christine x

You start on the right side ( as in not wrong) on the bottom hold the yarn you chose put your needle into the loop of the first stitch and pull the yarn through it throw it if you knit that way. I did two loops skip one and that was right for my knitting not to much so it does not become wavey and not too few so it does not tighten the front. Then you decide which side will be for buttons and which for button holes and follow the directions. As you pick up the stitches be careful not to scoot and you always pick the same part of the little braid for each stitch. I never just pick up the stich in cases like this it puts too much strain on the seam I always use my working yarn and knit into the knitting and create a live stitch that way. I hope this wasn’t too confusing. Oh and yes you do this on both sides of the front so then you start on top picking up stitches right to left on the pretty/right side of the jacket.

I am knitting the Grace Notes Pullover from Field Guide 22. I am joining the body and I am supposed to knit to the end of the front sts M1L which will be the center front st and then work to the end. How am I supposed to M1L when there isn’t a strand between the 2 sts?

1 Like

Needing help with stitching my Alabama Chanin scarf…Purchased the kit but not sure how to stitch. Any advice greatly

THIS! I couldn’t figure it out either and had to take my project to my LYS. It didn’t make sense to them either and they just fudged it for me. Have to say though, I just finished my pullover and it is GORGEOUS!

Over the weekend I sloshed a good bit of my Daytripper Cardigan with gasoline while not being attentive enough filling my gas tank. I’d like to know how everyone would proceed with cleaning the sweater AND removing the odor. Would simply a wool wash (like Soak or Eucalan) do that? I’m open to all suggestions.

Hi, I’m feeling pretty low because somehow I hurt my left hand (non-dominant).
My thumb started to hurt while I was holding a needlepoint frame a couple of weeks ago. Now it’s pinging pain at the base now and then, though I’ve stopped needlepoint and knitting.
I’m guessing it’s aching carpal tunnel…
I’d like advice on calming it down while NOT knitting or doing any needlework.
PS I’m seeking physical therapy.

1 Like

Trying to make the Tendril necklace. “Rotate left needle 180deg. to left, …” say what??? I think I sort of got it, except I had a strand of yarn that was connecting the (now) 2 I-cords? --Anyway, any tips, any video clips? Thanks.

1 Like

Im tring to figure this out too. I have made several starts. Not giving up.

1 Like

Hi, Just wondering if you finally figured out the “rotating 180…” direction. I have been dealing with the same issue! I feel like I may be overthinking it. But, it has me stumped. Feel like a little video would really help.

No luck here. I was waiting for advice for awhile and then I’ve been out of town with other knitting! Surely soon the advice will appear on some platform! :grinning:

I have figured it out. I was definitely over thinking this one.

Has anyone used Addi FlexiFlips? I am curious about what people think of them. I’ve been on a hat making kick, already have a bunch of DPNs (mostly wood) in different sizes, so don’t need new tools but…

I am using the substitute Lettlopi yarn which is knit alone not with a contrasting yarn. Will we discuss how to substitute this yarn in the yoke at our next virtual meeting? Prior to the next meeting should I decide which colors I am using for the first, second and third colors in the yoke and call those “color B, C and D” (assuming that “color A” would be my main color? Hope this question makes sense.