Bang Out a Kiki Mariko

It is fun to see how the colors play out. I like the splash of purple which will repeat. But the beauty of this project is that you can mix it up how you want.
Enjoy.

2 Likes

Floops! Just got them for my birthday last week.

1 Like

This may be a helpful tip for 2-handed stranding knitters - I hold the yarn that is making the 8-round
diagonal in my left hand, and the yarn that is the > or < in my right hand.

2 Likes

On the row where the light grey began, you started to move the diagonals to the Left, but then went back to the Right. The blue should have been shaped > and the light grey a backslash
That said, it is still lovely and the staggered /// are bold.

2 Likes

I figured it out in the night. Of course. I’m knitting the chart back and forth instead of every row from the right. :weary: Will there be a prize for the most rows ripped out???

5 Likes

I’m with @nellknits i think it is beautiful as is!

5 Likes

I’m with you! I have never done a knit along or felting…Question: We hold two strands for the first two rows—do we also cast on with two strands?
Thank you!!

1 Like

Progress: Midway through second chart for first time.

5 Likes

I would cast on with a single strand of the bulky yarn, then adding the other end to work the first round in the stranded pattern (2 A, 2 B) with the same color which should result in a more evenly felted edge.

1 Like

Thank you!

It’s lovely to see your heather colors looking so well blended and beautiful. I just added Mauve Dust to the Wild Ginger and wasn’t crazy about the combination. I need patience for the finished product.

1 Like

I fell in love with this rug when MDK started posting about the KAL on Instagram. But by the time I was getting around to ordering the kit, it was gone! I wanted the blue colorway, so I started searching the web for a substitute. I ended up with Knit Picks Wool of the Andes, but instead of going for their bulky weight, I opted for the worsted, because of the larger color selection. I picked what I thought looked closest to the MDK kit photo, and I think I came pretty close. The only thing is that I wanted a lighter grey that they were out of. No big deal… I got the yarn a couple of days ago, and started right away, and I am very happy with how it is turning out!

15 Likes

My husband is an engineer refuses to get a front loader he feels they are not well made. We have Spode Queen top loader and I love it!

4 Likes

How are you getting the ridge of stitched on either side of the steek?

I knit the first and last steek stitch with the yarn of the straight section.

ETA: This does mean that (alternating) at the beginning or end of each round of the steek there will be 2 stitches of that color next to each other.

2 Likes

It’s growing. 10 more rows before I start my second go at Chart II.
I did buy a 24 inch set of needles and that makes it easier for me.

9 Likes

I’m loving this pattern! Using combination of stash lambs pride and new for an assortment of 12 colors. I feel good about being just past the 1/4 mark 1 week in. Let’s hope I keep up the pace!

11 Likes

3 restarts but I’m getting the hang of this. No turning back!

11 Likes

It makes a cozy cowl on a chilly night. But I will keep going.

11 Likes

If you didn’t get the skinny ones, try them next. I love them.

2 Likes