Favorite baby sweater patterns?

I’m an “advanced beginner” knitter looking for a cute but simple pattern for a sweater for my new granddaughter who’ll arrive in December. (I’m willing to buy a pattern.) Suggestions? Thank you! - Cindy

Hi! It’s not a sweater but I have to suggest Lavender Dress by Adeline Too (on Ravelry) It’s been one of my favorite baby girl knits and it’s suuuuper cute in Cascade Sunseeker because of the sparkles. I don’t do the “cutting” of yarn suggested in the pattern. I just move the start of the row as needed. The baby and toddler Tiered Coat by Lisa Chemery is another favorite as well as Kate Davies’ Owlet (on Ravelry too). You can check out the ones I have made on Ravelry if you want, I’m Phoenix7257.
Owlet Tiered Coat
Lavender Dress

2 Likes

I made the Misty Lily for a grand niece and truly thought it was easy. Just enough detail to be sweet.
https://www.ravelry.com/projects/nleprohn/misty-lily

2 Likes

When I read your post I immediately thought of this Elizabeth Zimmermann sweater. I think it’s perfect for a girl and it’s fun to knit. I made one many years ago and I really enjoyed it here’s the information https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/baby-sweater-on-two-needles-february

2 Likes

I really enjoyed knitting the “In threes: a baby cardigan” by Kelly Herdrich. It’s available on Ravelry. It’s a simple pattern and knits up quick but is super cute. In fact, I enjoyed the first one so much that I made a second one to include in the baby shower gift.

3 Likes

I love Carrie Bostick-Hoge’s Asaka Pullover. I’ve made several, changing the color of the stripes.

2 Likes

I have made Elizabeth Zimmerman’s Tomten Jacket for each of our babies. It’s a fun knit, it fits and wears beautifully and looks great in almost any yarn.

1 Like

I am enjoying watching the responses!

2 Likes

I’ve just gone on a bit of a knitting-for-babies binge and I highly recommend: “A Simple Baby Pullover;” “Storytime Scholar;” and Zimmerman’s “Baby Surprise Jacket.” You can get a row-by-row pattern for the latter directly from Schoolhouse Press, the others are available on Ravelry. Such fun and so satisfying to knit tiny garments. Enjoy!

2 Likes

I second Elizabeth Zimmerman’s Baby Surprise Jacket! It is fun to knit. You can use washable sock yarn and if there is enough wool in it, it will be able to be blocked to fit as the baby grows. I keep some for gifts and just put buttonholes on both sides so it can properly button when you learn the sex of the child.

1 Like

Thanks! Im looking forward to trying the Baby Surprise pattern - it’s so cute but unique.

Maybe you like Candy Baby Sweater, include patterns from 0-3mo to 24mo, is an adorable easy and super fast pattern

2 Likes

That’s SO cute! It would be especially adorable at Christmas or Valentine’s Day. Thanks for sharing it!

Yes! is adorable to knit during christmas holidays or to knit before to gift to babies and toddlers, and soon I will host a KAL for Candy Sweater, stay tuned and thank you so much for your comment
Lilia

I recently knit the French Macaroon Baby Sweater by The Noble Thread, in Cascade Ultra Pima cotton. Because of the boat neck, the button tab and buttonhole on the back side are unnecessary and I don’t think I’d bother with them if I knit this again. But it’s really cute! 20200109_192830|666x500 20200109_231212|618x500

1 Like

My old favorite is New Babeh by Kayla Dyches. It is, in my opinion, the perfect baby sweater and I made one for my son when he was born. https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/new-babeh

3 Likes