Rowan Denim - What Sweater to Knit?

Hello! I was wondering if anyone would have advice or guidance on knitting a Rowan Denim sweater. I bought about 20 skeins of black denim when I saw they were phasing it out and now am having trouble deciding what to knit! I’m leaning towards something like this: Ravelry: Anton sweater pattern by Yuko shimizu
But with wider shoulders and maybe more cabling. Anyway I would love to hear your thoughts if you have the time.
Thank you so much,
Sarah

2 Likes

Kay just did Ravelry: HANA pattern by Junko Okamoto in Denim and it looks like it is pretty awesome. There are a bunch of patterns designed for it too if you search on Ravelry.

I got a bunch of black denim too to make a sweater for my husband since he does not love wool, but I’m thinking of doing Hana for myself now that I see what Kay did.

3 Likes

Lots of great ideas at Ravelry . Enjoy going down the rabbit hole!
I looked at Rowan Denim, went into Projects, then Advanced Search & selected sweater projects only. Link takes you directly to the saved search.

4 Likes

You might also visit Knitrowan website for additional patterns. The denim yarns are designed to shrink so you need to be careful when working with a pattern not designed specifically for the yarn. I did it once and it was a disaster. Many of the older Rowan patterns are free, there’s also a book or two, out there with pattern for denim yarn. Check eBay, or ask around. Also older Rowan biannual pattern books. Good luck as it’s a great yarn.

1 Like

There is a Scottish cardigan by Casapinka that would look smashing in the black Rowan Denim. It hangs hip length, has some cables, but an easy relaxed silhouette. I think it’s actually called Scottish cardigan, but check her Ravelry page in sweaters, cardigans. Ps…lovely yarn I have handled in a client’s finishing project, but will split if you are using those super-pointy needles. Classic Addi turbos did better.

1 Like

Thank you all so much! I’m still perusing. Your ideas are very helpful :slight_smile:

2 Likes