In Search of Denim Yarn

Y’all have put lust in my heart to knit a denim sweater. I was all excited and looked up Rowan Denim yarn and alas, it no longer exists! I’m looking for recommendations for something similar.

TIA!

3 Likes

Elann den-m-Knit is very similar and Rowan does bring denim back from time to time.

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

You might take a look at Berroco Pima 100. Good luck

2 Likes

LoveCrafts has Rowan Denim Revive on sale now. I don’t know anything about it but it may be similar to Rowan Denim

1 Like

Hi -thanks for the tip! I found some and ordered it so we’ll see! It looks great.

You could also try searching on ravelry.com under any yarn name - people post their stashes, and many of them have skeins that they are wanting to sell. You might luck out and find some Rowan Denim there.

1 Like

That’s great! I’m so glad you found some yarn you liked. Thanks for letting me know. What are you going to make?

Lots of people have it but they are hanging on to it and I can’t say as I blame them!

I’m going to make a sweater for me. Just something simple - a crew neck pullover of some sort.

I decided to make my Picket Fence afghan larger so I needed more Rowan Denim than I had. I reached out to a lot of Ravelers to see what was available for purchase. I ended up buying the Elann Den-m-Knit in the two colors. It worked out very well and was far less expensive than the Rowan had been. I recommend it.

2 Likes

you caught me :slight_smile: - though I just decided on using it with an Amy Herzog sweater - think I’ve stashed it for long enough…

1 Like

Thank you! - that’s exactly what I ended up ordering. I could only get it in black but I think it will work out perfectly!

1 Like

Rowan Denim Revive is a very nice yarn. I never used the original Rowan Denim, but am guessing the Revive drapes more and is softer, based on photos I’ve seen. I have several colors sitting in a bag waiting for a project - colors are very nice. I’ve swatched and blocked it (wanted to get that in here because I don’t usually do this!!)

2 Likes

Thank you! I got a bunch of the Elann den-m-knit but there are always more sweaters in my future!

1 Like