Holiday Movie Bingo

'Tis the season for all things holiday (and if you know me, you know I love a good holiday post!) Let’s have a little fun this year and play some Holiday Move Bingo!

Here’s how it goes:

1. Click here to download your bingo cards. You’ll have to scroll to the bottom of the page and hit submit. As of right now, I’ve got everything that I can think of in there but I know there are a lot more great squares that we can have. I think it’s important to be very clear that I am aware that this is heavily weighted right now on Christmas because that’s what I celebrate (with a little Hannukah thrown in). I’m counting on all of you to make this much more inclusive and a place that we can celebrate and share together.

Feel free to email me at kjt1211@optonline.net to add more squares. Holiday’s are not limited to December–you can play this game with whatever is an important holiday to you. This is meant to be a warm and welcoming place (ooo–I just went back and added fireplace) where we can share what’s important to us, our families, and our cultures. I have a feeling that this is a pretty interesting group and I would love to learn about what you celebrate. I like to imagine that we are virtually inviting each other to our homes to celebrate a holiday–whatever one it may be–together.

1. What are the rules, you ask? Well, the rules are pretty fast and loose.

You pick your holiday
You decide what you consider a holiday movie
The MDK square in the middle of the card is always a free square
We are following the honor system. I trust you.

1. How do I play?

Watch holiday movies
Mark up your bingo cards
When you get bingo, post Bingo in the comments along with the name of your favorite holiday movie/tradition/food/song/etc. Tell us something about yourself when you get Bingo

1. Will there be anything else going on in this topic?

Sure, as long as it is holiday related, go for it. Share a recipe, a song, a video, the best gift you’ve ever given. This is a place for us to actually practice what we preach and joyfully share our different lifestyles, cultures, and traditions.

1. Will there be prizes?

You betcha there will be prizes. My lovely friends at The Body Shop are doing a lot of hard work now to create a more inclusive workplace. I’ve invited them to our bingo hall so that they can take a breath and enjoy some of the benefits of all the hard work that we’ve all done this year. There will be smaller weekly prizes and a grand prize at the end.

1. How will I choose the winners?

I will not choose the winner. A random number generator will choose the winner. Every Sunday between now and the end of December, I’ll count up how many people got bingo, put it in the generator and that’s how we’ll get a winner.

On December 31, I’ll count up how many posts we have on the topic and all of them will be entered to win the grand prize. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win. All will be included, whether or not you got bingo.

I’m sure I’ve left some things out so I’ll update as we go along. Any questions right off the bat, post them in the comments.

Let the Holiday Movie Bingo begin!!

5 Likes

Just what I needed: an excuse to sit knitting and watching movies. I declare that Groundhog Day counts because it is the best holiday movie and it also has snow.

7 Likes

And it has lots of missed kisses!!!

3 Likes

8 Likes

Every year it’s THE Little Women for me (not the one that should not have just come out), but the real, only one from 1994. I’m allowed to play the soundtrack once a year while we trim the tree (tomorrow!!!). Thanks for this, Karen!

6 Likes

Pull your bingo card out! There’s a lot in that one. And yes, I love that one too. Why oh why do they keep remaking it?

I’m not sure I understand how to play, Karen;) I printed out my Bingo cards, they all have the same “topics” just in different spaces, I dont see fireplace listed…would ornaments/tree topper be included under Christmas Tree? Could angel be in Other Holiday symbol? Do I write the name of the movie in the box it applies to?! Help!!

Do TV shows count? Inspired by Ann’s post, I’ve been re-watching the first season on West Wing (accompanied by the podcast—thanks, Ann!). The Christmas episode “In Excelsis Deo”, would check a lot of bingo boxes—decorating, Christmas tree (and I bet if I went back and looked, I’d see a menorah), job dilemma (pretty much a given on the West Wing), a veteran, and even mistaken identity with Toby’s business card left in his coat donated to Goodwill. If I happen to get the “cranky person” box, I think Toby counts there, too. Maybe I better download those cards!

1 Like

Absolutely TV shows count. Like I said, the rules are fast and loose!!! Enjoy!

So I just realized that it doesn’t save the updated list automatically. It’s fixed now so there will be more things on it. Yes Angel can be in either another holiday symbol or tree topper. You don’t have to share the movie names that you watched (unless you want to!). We’re on the honor system here and I am definitely not checking anyone’s answers. Just post Bingo along with something else about you and your holidays and you’ll be entered.

2 Likes

Ok, I’ll look at the updated list. Another question; so I printed out 6 Bingo cards. Do I use all 6 for the same movie I watched? Because some other random combination of the same topics but in different spaces could give me a Bingo. However, I watch the Hallmark channel daily, usually one movie per night, so I could see myself going thru a lot of paper & printer ink!!

1 Like

You have to get Bingo on one card. You can play as many cards at once as you want to. You can always just open them on your phone and screen shot them to your phone and play that way.

1 Like

Oh! I can try that;) thx so much Karen😉

BINGO🎄

I do watch a LOT of Hallmark movies;) and these words seem to be tailored to that genre! My favorite holiday movie is The Bishop’s Wife (luv anything with Cart Grant💖). My fave tradition is reading The Night Before Christmas, a Hallmark pop-up book, to my girls. Bought the book when they were around 4, 5, or 6. They are now 34 and 35 but I still read it to them every Christmas Eve, by phone or Skype;) and now my audience includes my 2 year old granddaughter! I believe the only year I didn’t read to both girls was Christmas 2005; my oldest was in Afghanistan enroute to Iraq for a 9 month tour of duty

3 Likes

Love The Bishops Wife too!!! They filmed a lot of the remake here in Yonkers!!

1 Like

@kcknits you’re our first bingo winner!!! I will email you on the morning with the details. Congrats!!!

2 Likes

Yay👏 Thank you Karen!!

Well, it took 10 Christmas movies to get a Bingo – a couple of really bad ones, too – but last night I did it!! Movie was Christmas A La Mode. Half of one sock to go and my Christmas knitting is finished!! Yea!!

2 Likes