How to End Helical Knitting??

I"m a newish knitter and am almost finished with my first Honey Cowl knit helical and alternating two hand dyed skeins. It’s been going great but as I’m nearing the end of my skeins, I realize that I have no idea what to do when I need to bind off.
I will pick the skein and row to begin the bind off, but what do I do when I get to the dangling yarn for color #2??
Thanks so much for help… it’s probably blindingly obvious but this is the first time I’ve worked with two ends!!

2 Likes

You can just drop the second color and continue around with the first skein. If there is an edgeing you can also work that with just one color and bind off.

3 Likes

Do you still slip stitches or do I knit all the way to the final color, and drop the other yarn right before it?
Is that stitch that has the loose tail going to be difficult to bind off?
Thanks!!!
Grace

Grace Simcoe
www.newsfromthehill.com

***Sent from my phone so blame any typos on my one finger typing!

1 Like

I think I would start the bind off where Skein A (or the one you’re using for the bind off) starts, and go all the way around without slipping stitches. But I’ve only done helical knitting where there was a ribbed edgeing worked in a single color, so I don’t have great advice for dealing with that loose stitch at the color change.

1 Like

Just cut the color you don’t want to bind off with and go on with the color you do want to bind off with. When you go to work your ends in, adjust the tension on that 1st or last stitch and work the ends in. It’ll be OK!