Kaffe-along 2021: Here we go!

Finishing a second pillow from the first Kaffe Fassett guide and itching to start an Intarsia one. I love attached Icord, but it does take a long time. I can’t seem to find how to get a photo in here, either on my phone or laptop.

7 Likes

I dragged my photo from the desktop (of my mac laptop) to the reply box. There’s and icon at the top that is a bold horizontal line with an arrow up that will also link photos.
Hope that’s helpful.

Thanks, I did it. Now I may as well add the photos of my finished first pillow from the first Kaffe field guide. I think I’m motivated to start another pillow not just to try intarsia but to try the pillow back with the ribbing! Removable pillow covers seems like such a good idea. If you let people actually use them they do get worn out, and I never get around to doing anything about that.

9 Likes

Thanks for your help. I’ll try that way too

I just love the adaptation of coins to a needlepoint canvas! So inspiring. And that you worked it using Felted Tweed makes it even better.

3 Likes

Set up row done of Kites Throw. Total chaos :joy:

5 Likes

Surrender to the tangle! All that color :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Thanks Kay! The inspiration is all Kaffe. I feel like I hit the lottery with these field guides. :joy:

1 Like

Pandemonium!

It gets better! I would not lie to you!

2 Likes

Here’s a link to Carol Feller’s two videos: picking up stitches and i-cord and i-cord corners and buttonholes.

(Ignore the bit about the buttonholes for now, but the i-cord technique is exactly what you need for the cushion covers.)

2 Likes

I had so much fun learning intarsia! We’ve wanted a stained glass window for a long slender alcove and now it is filled with lovely sweet houses. Thanks for new skills and tons of fun!

20 Likes

I posted earlier that I’m working on the watercolor cowl and I feel like I have a number of little cheats I’m using that I thought I would share.

1. Keeping track of the colors. I used the postcard that MDK sent with my yarn order (Thanks!!) and taped a small piece of the yarn to the card.

2. I figured out that for the triangular sides for each square I needed 90 inches of yarn and for the middles I need 30 inches so I cut 3 of each color and then tied them into little packets. I used a piece of tape with the numbers from the chart so I can find each row. For example I’m doing the row with 8 Sulfer, 10 Pink Bliss and 11 Heliotrope right now and here is my little bundle.

Here is my whole little “kit” and my progress so far.

20 Likes

What a lovely idea. I just might try something like this when I’m done with my kites. Love it!!

Oh, i like your idea of a piece of the yarn also on the color card. Definitely going to steal that one:)

3 Likes

I feel silly but can you tell me how I post on here. I’ve only done replies and I’d like to post my progress. Thanks!!!

No worries! When you go to The Lounge homepage, pick which category you’d like to post in from the dropdown menu on the left. Then on the top right, click “New Topic” And you’re all set!

2 Likes

Love your cheats! Taping yarn to the color card is a wonderful idea to keep the colors straight!

I’ve procrastinated long enough. Well, not really. I’ve been finishing other Kaffe projects before starting my Kite kit. My first Intarsia and I’m determined to make this work. After three rows, what a mess. But I shall push on. I am woman, hear me roar:)))!

Does it get better:) I was looking at this mess thinking ‘wow, if 2020 could be a visual, this is it’. It will be beautiful as long as I keep going and focus on the joy of going through it and beauty of learning something new. Right!, Right?

I know this is posted in ‘reply’ but I cant for the life of me, figure out how else to post in the knit a long, even following Kays directions.

3 Likes

I decided to use a TOTE to “contain” the THROW as I knit it. I also decided to make bobbins of yarn and store them in Ziploc sandwich size bags and lay them around the edge of the TOTE. The bags are slippery and are easily untangled. Using a 47 inch circular needle, I started with the 3 inch boarder first.
link to my ravelry project page: Ravelry: toesockpattern’s kites throw

7 Likes

I’m about to get started on my Village pillow cover. I need to knit 4 houses across, which is 102 stitches. I read that it’s easier to use straight needles. But I have a lot of stitches. How long a needle will that need? I’ve only used circulars for all my knitting for years!

1 Like