Kos Neckwarmer Knitalong

Making progress.
#moderndayknitting
#arnecarlos

7 Likes

Beautiful. It looks so cozy.

I’ll have to look for it. Thanks for the heads up.

1 Like

Finished my first neck warmer. Now to cast on the second one!

6 Likes

Here you go-

3 Likes

It fits!!! :smiley: And I really like how it came out. I had just a few yards left of the dark pink and maybe 10 yards of the MC. There’s still enough of the blue for another one, or for another small colorwork project. Matching hat, maybe? :thinking: There is one more ball of dark pink and 6 more of the lighter pink, plenty for more projects. (Yeah, I suck at selfies… :joy:)

6 Likes

I found once I blocked mine, the flip at the shoulders was no longer a problem. But now I’ll have to look for Patty’s article as well. I recall reading it, but don’t remember her solution.

1 Like

Thanks! I found it and bookmarked it. Great info.

1 Like

Still cool enough to wear my cowl. Love the different color combination and will make another! #arnecarlos #moderndailyknitting

2 Likes

I finished last Saturday. It’s a bit small on me. Next one I’m adding one repeat and making the neck shorter.

6 Likes

Here’s my finished neck warmer.

8 Likes

I’m more than half way through the neck ribbing now - have been delayed due to 3 foot snowfall here in Montana - so must hustle!

7 Likes

It looks great! I love your color choices. I thought mine was a bit small too and I think I’ll go up a needle size next time.

1 Like

I have to admit, I made the neckwarmer because the hat was so fun I wanted to try another pattern. But I started wearing it as soon as I finished the knitting, before the ends were sewn in and the whole thing blocked. Since I completed the finishing, I have worn it every day - even leaving it on after coming in from the cold and removing my jacket. So… of course I had to make another hat, to match the neckwarmer. It’s my favorite hat so far!

#arnecarlos #moderndailyknitting

9 Likes

My neckwarmer is all finished. I used the Rowen Norwegian wool and am so happy with the entire project. The wool softened and evened out the knitting after I blocked. I wanted you to see evidence of 7’ snowbank in front of my house - that storm prompted me to finish my neckwarmer in time for the next snowfall.

10 Likes

Closeup view of my colorful neckwarmer - all done!

7 Likes

I like your idea of splitting open the neck - I don’t do turtlenecks very well - shortened the length of the neck area so that helped me.

1 Like

Second neckwarmer done. I used Kay’s colors this time and went up a needle size for each section.

5 Likes

Did you find your first one smaller than what you wanted - I noticed you went up a needle size.

The first one fit a couple of my daughters, but they are tiny people. I…am not. I buy men’s shirts to fit my shoulders, tbh, so yes, I went up a needle size to get a better fit for myself. It worked, too!

3 Likes